Report: Titans about to walk on Finny

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Like I said before, I love Finnegan as a Titan... but I will hate him as soon as he goes somewhere else... Especially if he goes to an AFC team. He's the type of player who only fans of the team he's on will like.

Our players do not like him. Our coaches do not like him. This whole "I'm worth $10mil or more per year" garbage is just as delusional as CJ's demands. With CJ, we had the upper hand. We could've let that chode rot until he wised up and agreed to our terms. We gave in. Major failure on our part.

Two good seasons Finnegan has had... He's been average every other season with the exception of 2008 and 2011. $10mil would be totally reasonable if he strung together 3-4 great seasons in a row. He hasn't even had 2 good seasons in a row. As of right now I do give him a spot in the top 10 CBs of the league, but only the top 3 should be worth $10mil a year. He's not Jesus or Revis.

Don't negotiate with terrorists. Don't give into to egotistical d-bag players' demands.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

is there a source or do you work for the team?

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Any one have any links to him saying he wants 10mil? Right now it seems like all he wants is an offer.

4. RavensShallBurn

I'm just a secondary source... My friend works for the team. I debated him on the Finnegan subject a lot during the season... he swears up and down everyone hates him and his attitude at practices and around the facilities is shtty.

I didn't believe it at first until I kept hearing about it over and over again.

So I have no proof and don't expect everyone to believe it, but I believe it to be true, without a doubt.

5. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Yeah, and according to CJ's agent last year he never had an offer till the day he signed.

I believe agents even less than I believe lawyers.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Players like Finnegan are once-a-decade types.

Sorry.

If we don't at least Franchise him, it's yet another brick this team puts between it and my fandom. Never thought I could grow sick of a team, but this one really tries you with stupid moves as if it's their trademark.

7. RavensShallBurn

Don't get me wrong... Finnegan may be my favorite Titan - definitely my favorite player on defense. I just hate when players think they're worth more than they are. Everyone has an ego, but when $8mil a year isn't good enough (for someone who's only had two good seasons), GTFO.

At least when CJ was asking for a ton of money, he had broken NFL records. I didn't agree with the holdout or the amount he was asking for, but there was a resume to back his demands up.

With Finnegan, he has two good seasons (out of six) to back his demands up. Is it a coincidence that he had his best year in a contract season? I think not.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would not go so far to say he has had only two good seasons.

We are reading into his stats too much, corner is a position thats impossible to judge based on stats. All positions are really, but defensive back is much harder.

I think everyone is going to admit we are not going to spend all of our cap in free agency, or even try for that matter.

He is rarely injured, is an excellent player, a great leader, and outside of him.....no one on our defense provides the aggressive nature he does. I am not sure if you could put this guy in a top 10 corner list, but at the same time you easily could. If he goes, we will feel it next year. The guy has traits you can't put on paper.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. RavensShallBurn

I am not basing his great seasons off of stats, at all. I consider 2011 to be his best season, yet he only recorded 1 INT which was with 3 seconds left in the 2nd quarter against Pissburgh.

But honestly, before this season, I thought he was way too soft on coverage. Cecil can be blamed for two of his lackluster seasons.

It's Finnegan's feisty play that has gotten him the most attention. Without that, he's just another starting CB in the league. He wants to be the dirtiest player in the NFL... that's the only way he gets recognized.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

What the?

I like Finny, but once-a-decade type? Sorry, guys who get by on heart than talent are not once-a-decade.

Now, Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, etc is what you can consider once-a-decade types.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar