Reports indicate Samuel is franchise tagged.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Boo.... Well, got to deal with it. Clement will be way too expensive now. If detroit would pull the trigger and trade us bly for our extra 4th rounder I'd do it.

2. Yep, though I'd try to add one of the 2nd tier DEs...

3. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

I think Bly is our best option but wasn't there rumors that Smoot may be let go in Minnesota?

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

No to Smoot.

If we could get Bly early, that would be worth considering.

But really, all we need is for Vince to approach Clements and say, "You wanna be with dem guys or us? And tell dem haters to get on dey job."

5. I'd take Bly over Smoot.Bly has been on a superbowl team,has a ring,and knows what it takes to win.He still played decent on a pitifull lions defense and a scheme that didn't play to his strength.Put him opposite of pac and now you have 2 solid CB's.You got already in my mind a pro bowl SS(hope)now all we need is an upgrade at FS and your looking at a very taleneted secondary.Pull the trigger if hes there.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Say word.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I dont know about you guys... but.. to me it was Samuel or no one.

Clements is good
    Bly is ... ok
    Smoot would be nice..

but Samuel was like the ultimate pickup if we coulda got him.

Id rather just put Finnegan at LCB to compete with Reynaldo.

I still think Rey could be a good corner..

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

IF I recall, the knock on Samuel was that he was a product of the system.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Sounds good to me, I'm just not sure who that would be. I agree, nothing wrong with bringing in a couple of 2nd tier guys on defense like we did with Hope and Thornton.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't know that stands after the season he just had.I was high on him too,he seems like a great player to me.

With so many players being franchised it won't just be clements who cashes in. The teams with money to burn will push the price up on the now smaller pool of players that are going to be available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar