Respecting Air?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

No. 9: The Titans might retire the No. 9 quarterback Steve McNair wore for 11 seasons, but Coach Jeff Fisher said conversations on such matters are down the road. McNair announced his retirement on Thursday.

"We're going to kind of let this thing play out and see,'' Fisher said. "I know people will ask, 'Can you retire the jersey?' We haven't even talked to Steve. There will be some good things ahead as far as Steve is concerned here in this organization.'' -- tennessean.com

i no fish n mcnair were close....but still i cant help but think that sentence beholds some sort of apology from the franchise bout his controversial departure and that retiring his # is a real possibility.

i no that lota other players hv done more n not gotten their number retired but idn...mcnair is speical

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm not usually big on retiring #'s but McNair is special. He was our first star in Tennessee. Or I can just say Moon, Campbell, McNair, Matthews, George, and Kearse.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's a little early to consider retiring #9
    I liked McNair, caught on to him late in college and was thrilled when the Oilers picked him up and ultimately moved here
    I believe alot of our success was due in large part to some of Steve's remarkable effort .... playing through some of his injuries were above the call

I think Steve might have been more "electric" passer had he been say a Viking or a Ram. considering all the mileage he threw for at Alcorn, you'd think he could have done better than his career bests of 3,400 yd / 24 td's and 8.o ypc

I've got no problem reserving the number 9
    but I wouldn't retire it just yet

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we'll retire it in a few years

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No eddie george was. Steve was not viewed as a star in until 2001.

If they don't offically retire the number but keep it out of circulation that is fine with me. If they offically retire steve's #9 then they have to retire eddie's #27 which is something to consider but i doubt either will make the hall of fame so i doubt they do. I think they will just not issue those numbers to any players.

6. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

I agree. I think its to early to reitire numbers of some of these players. Regardless of how good they were. Its just to early

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

he didnt retire as a titan so i dont think we should retire his number he wore.

it's just a number, let another guy have it.

8. The Playmaker

Steve became a star the first season as a Titan. Leading the team 1 yard away to a SB. Which at that time no one outside Tennessee had a thought of them winning. If the Titans won the SB McNair would be in the HOF.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think people still considered this eddie's team even then.

10. The Playmaker

Crap Preds lost! Oh that reminds me George was interviewed during game 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar