Resurgent CJ ready for NFL’s top run defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans running back Chris Johnson has been the NFL’s leading rusher over the past five weeks, piling up 550 yards on the ground in games against Houston, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Indianapolis.

But the Titans’ resurgent running attack will face a huge challenge this week when Tennessee takes on a Chicago team that is No. 1 against the run – allowing an average of just 78 yards per game on the ground.

“They’re going to have eight guys down there (in the box), and they’re going to commit to that,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “They’re going to be hugging the line of scrimmage. When you watch the film, you don’t see it very often in the NFL where eight or nine guys look like they’re up on the line of scrimmage looking like they’re ready to stop the ball.

“They do a great job of getting out of there and recognizing run versus pass. They know the system so well they take more risks with some of those things, and they react quickly to what you’re doing.”

Johnson, who’s averaged 5.6 yards per carry over the past five weeks, said he’s ready for the challenge.

Anytime you run against someone that’s number one, you want to just attack them,” Johnson said. “So it’s a situation where you want to beat those guys. I’ll take that challenge and may the best man win.”

But Johnsono realizes the run game will need to be complemented an effective passing attack.

“Yeah, of course because they like to play a lot of eight men in the box,” Johnson said. “So if the passing game can make some plays and back some of those guys up, we should do that.”

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I needed a good laugh, thanks CJ.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

:hugelaugh:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Did I miss something? What's funny about what CJ said?

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I think they're laughing because CJ has confidence in himself. Something that players should never have when they're about to face a tough opponent.:disappointed:

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

5.6 YPC last 5 weeks. Identical to his CJ2K season

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

If he somehow gets 80+ yards in the next two games I don't think anyone can deny that CJ2k or the closest thing we'll ever get to the old CJ is back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar