Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really like the idea of adding Foster. We have lacked speed at the LBer position for quite some time and have thus been killed by TEs and RBs out of the backfield. Foster and Williamson would make a nice pairing. Let Foster be the guy to roam the middle of the field in passing situations. Then best S, CB, or WR at #18.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

We're not drafting an ILB at 5 lets just kill this conversation now.

Trading back will be too hard this year I imagine.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Just look at it this way, we are getting a stud at #5 regardless unless JR goes full retard.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think Reuben Foster would be GREAT addition to our defense. He is a absolute head hunter and great in pass coverage (unlike the majority of ILB that have come out of Alabama the past view years). He's definitely an intimedator at ILB that we have been lacking for a very long time (since the early 00's). Initially getting Foster would require us to draft him at #5, but yesterday it was announced that he had surgery on his right rotator cuff and is out 4 months... Missing the combine, rookie mini camp, and probably most of the off season. While 5 is too rich now, I'm still not sure he lasts until the #18 pick.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ster-had-surgery-will-miss-nfl-combine-drills

For an ILB, I prefer his play WAY more than Zach Cunningham out of Vanderbilt. While Foster explodes through the ball carrier and wraps up, Zach is pretty grabby in his play. Even in his highlights, he is reaching and pulling the ball carrier down instead of running through them. That wont work against the elite NFL backs.

Foster

Cunningham

5. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

we already have a thread. i love foster. i didnt know he had surgery though =/

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Doesn't Foster have a history of injury problems with stingers?

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

ILB makes a lot of sense to me. Good teams are strong in the trenches and we're a good LB away from being able to have that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I like his play a lot...Staying healthy is naturally a big factor. Is it me, or are a lot of top prospects injured this year more than normal?

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'd be happy with Foster at#5 and Adoree Jackson at #18....an infusion of speed and playmaking ability that we need to shut down Luck/Hilton

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Only issue I take with this is what about a WR?

Free agency could net us a nice CB, saving a top pick for a top WR. IMO thats the better usage of our cap and draft picks.

But I do like both Foster and Jackson a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar