Revamped O-line now a Titans strength

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

When last we saw the Titans on the field, the team’s starting offensive line consisted of the following: left tackle Michael Roos, left guard Fernando Velasco, center Kyle DeVan, right guard Deuce Lutui and right tackle Byron Stingily.

Other offensive linemen who saw action for the Titans in the season finale were Mike Otto and Mitch Petrus.

Needless to say, things should look far different up front for the Titans in the coming year.

Roos will still serve as the veteran anchor at left tackle, but the big free-agent addition of Andy Levitre fills a huge need at starting left guard for the Titans and Thursday’s drafting of Chance Warmack will be a huge upgrade at right guard. Throw in the expected return to full health of right tackle David Stewart and the likely shift back to center for Fernando Velasco – who started 13 games at the position last year – and the Titans could, at least potentially, have one of the better offensive lines in the league.

Even the depth of the interior line looks a lot better for the coming season, as the Titans have signed guard/centers Rob Turner and Chris Spencer. Turner started all 16 games for St. Louis last season, while Spencer has 89 career starts, including five last year in Chicago.

How much of a difference should all the offensive line upgrades make for the Titans?

Well, consider that things really started to go downhill for the line in the 12th game of 2012, when both Stewart and guard Steve Hutchinson suffered season-ending injuries early in the same contest.

Over those last five games, running back Chris Johnson was held under 60 yards four times, while quarterback Jake Locker threw three touchdowns, seven interceptions and was sacked 20 times.

Given those kinds of numbers, it’s no wonder we saw Johnson offer a succinct and self-explanatory tweet when the Titans drafted Warmack: “THANK GOD”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we rated out our guys on the line now, how do you guys rate us?

I'd say:
    LT-Roos-88, LG-Levitre-85, C-Velasco-78, RG-Warmack-90, RT-Stewart-86

Thats a pretty good group.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

No excuses now for CJ, hit the freaking hole.

4. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

I'd say your are spot on, I'd give Levitre a bit more credit, also Velasco and maybe bring Warmack down a bit Bc he is a rookie. On paper top 5 o line in league

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I am looking forward to seeing this OL play. Lets not forget the TE we got from SF is supposed to be a great blocker as well.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If an asteroid was about to hit earth our Offensive Line would push it back towards space.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Roos - 89
    Levitre - 91
    Velasco - 77
    Warmack - 85 (a lot unknown with rookies)
    Stewart - 86

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I have to disagree on Levitre, he's not a 91, not yet. He's on the cusp of being a great player, a 91 would mean he's already great.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

They merely have to think about blocking and a hole springs forth.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Are we talking Madden ratings? Because i'm pretty sure he's 90+ lol

Also, here's Chance Warmacks rating.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar