RG3 to Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

49ers could be a realistic trade partner:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos have a trade in place for Colin Kaepernick.

The deal is expected to be for a mid-round pick. The Broncos and 49ers have agreed on compensation, but Kaepernick's contract remains a holdup. Denver wants Kaepernick to take a $5 million pay cut, and the sides reportedly aren't close on a restructure. Kaepernick looks destined to eventually end up in Denver, but it's likely going to take an incentives-based deal.
    Related: Broncos

Source: ESPN.com
    Apr 2 - 5:47 PM

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Not sure I want to fall back to seventh tbh.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

The plot thickens. Clady anyone?

According to ESPN Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold, Denver will "have to make a move" with LT Ryan Clady if the team acquires Colin Kaepernick.

Even if Kaepernick takes a big pay cut to join the Broncos, something he's been unwilling to do, Denver will have to make some adjustments to get under the $155.27 million salary cap for 2016. Cutting Clady makes the most sense, thought that would leave the Broncos with $1.2 million in dead money. Punter Britton Colquitt ($4 million cap hit in 2016) could be another cap casualty while Chris Harris, Aqib Talib and Demaryius Thomas could also be asked to restructure their contracts. Denver has just $1.62 million in cap space right now, easily the lowest number in the league.
    Related: Colin Kaepernick

Source: ESPN.com
    Apr 3 - 11:27 AM

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

In theory 7 doesn`t seem that far back but we wouldn`t get Tunsil or Ramsey.. It`d have to be a heck of a haul to move to 7.. Maybe u can get Ronnie Stanley there, but I`m personally not a big fan

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea we would be giving up sure fire talent for a extra 2nd and 3rd and we don't historically nail those picks.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Yup, that's why the furthest is be comfortable trading back is third or fourth. I'd want to be ahead of the jags.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Shame Browns, Chargers or Cowboys will literally have 0 interest in trading up. We are picking 1.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's a good point, talent wise we're looking at what prospects?

Ramsey
    Tunsil
    Vargreaves
    Jack
    Buckner
    Bosa
    Stanley
    Goff/Wentz (not needs so do they count?)

Dropping to 7 takes us out of a top prospect range IMO, this team needs an elite talent. I'm sure Robinson doesn't want to " miss" on this draft either.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Ugh. I really don't want to leave the top 5. I was really starting to get used to the idea of having Ramsey or Tunsil on the team.

MMQB's Peter King reports the Titans "have received significant interest" in the No. 1 pick.

"The Titans, holders of the first pick in the draft, will have a chance to make a deal," King wrote. "I believe it is now 50-50 whether Tennessee will trade it or keep it." New GM Jon Robinson has been clear in his desire to move down all offseason. If the pick is drawing "significant interest," then the chances are probably better than 50-50 the Titans will trade down. Tennessee is expected to choose between Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil and Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey if they stick at No. 1.

Source: MMQB
    Apr 4 - 10:55 AM

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

But we also had utter incompetence in the FO. I believe Robinson could maximize those picks in a way we haven't seen from previous Titans GM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar