Rib injury expected to sideline Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans are expected to be without receiver Kendall Wright on Sunday.

Wright said after Monday’s game against the Jets he has at least one cracked rib. Coach Mike Munchak said on Tuesday Wright continues to be evaluated to determine his availability the rest of the season.

“I think when he thought he was going to play some more (Monday), he ran out and he ran about four or five yards onto the field, and he felt the pain and turned around came back out,’’ Munchak said. “I think he realized that he reached a point there that he couldn’t go back in.

“Those are pretty painful, obviously. We need to see how much of that he can handle. It’s hard to play that position and catch a ball, knowing you’re going to get hit.”

Wright leads the Titans with 62 catches for 586 yards and four touchdowns.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. amy

amy Starter

great; just what we need, another injury. Not that we are going to win anyhow, but still....

3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

well that does it... put a fork in us the season is lost.
    [​IMG]

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

another wasted pick.........let the games begin :lol:

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Sucks, but the season is over anyway. Might as well just let him rest these last 2 games. He's had a good season regardless. Let Preston and Hawkins get more PT these last 2 games.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

this is preseason 2.0 right here. Put the backups in, and see if we've got anybody worth keeping.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Start Preston.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Not sure I would call it a wasted pick. He has done well this year all things considered.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

once :cj: and the OL decided too play well together, ok at least not be a crippling hinderance too the team, KW got more looks than the multitude of 4 yard hooks he was running too substitute for :cj: lack of run production

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would attack things a little differently these last 2 weeks.

Some fans think it's beneficial to only play backups for evaluating reasons, but I'd prefer we still keep the good players active.

Like SS, we need to be exploring all possible alternatives to Babinaeux, he is terrible and needs to be replaced. Same at NB, we could stand to toy around with that spot some too. But I wouldn't dare adjust our LB's or D-Line right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar