Rice @ Baptist Sports Park

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

nope, in it's last years, that's what it was called

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Could Reinfeldt have mentioned "fitting in" one more time?? Sheesh. He never said if the Titans think Rice would fit in. He seems to be stumbling around the point, or delicately dancing around it if you'd prefer.

I think he thinks he'll fit in and fitting in is important because if you don't fit in then that is bad, but I definitely think he thinks he fits in. If he wants to fit in then we need to figure out if he fits in and if he fits in then we might want him, but if we think he doesn't fit in, even though we think he thinks he fits in, then we've got a problem.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

In other words, "we'll pass on him".

Oh well...

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

MY TRANSLATION:

I think he thinks (he's worth the money) and (money) is important because if you don't (show him the money) then that is bad, but I definately think he thinks (he's worth the money). If he wants (money) then we need to figure out if (he's worth the money)and if (he's worth the money) then we might want him, but if we think (he isn't worth the money), even though we think he think's (show me the money), then we've got a problem.

5. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Basically saying... "Thanks for coming... and we're sorry you want all of our money, but you're not worth it." He probably barely passed the physical, and the Bucs just don't cut a player that's been a star for so long without any reason. He wanted his money, but the Bucs saw something and wanted a paycut. End of story, point taken should be that the Giants have smaller expectations than we do. I don't see him being a Titan but crap-O I might be wrong. With what was said by Fisher and Mike it doesn't sound very pleasing at all.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He'll go somewhere else and get at least 8 sacks. Which will be more than Odom and Laboy.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I dont think we have heard the last of him. He should be in Jets Camp soon, lets see if he gets an offer there. I bet he is going to make ALL of his rounds before making a choice.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Rice is going to make all the rounds to try to get a hefty deal, but at this point in the season I'm not sure he's going to find a team that will be able to do it... Titans have to be in the top group of teams with cap money still left. If he gets it, then good for him and good enough for us... if he doesn't then we come back to the table (assuming his physical was fine). Before we do anything we need to make sure there aren't other options (trade for Strahan, trade for Alex Brown, etc...) that would work as well or better. I still think Rice is the best option, but only on terms that make sense for the other players on our roster.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Doesn't sound like they sound too interested. We'll see.

10. Alot of smoke.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar