Rice, Simon, Trotter?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VY104Prez, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VY104Prez

VY104Prez Guest

Are any of them possibilities for us?

2. Perhaps, but it doesnt sound like we are wanting to get any of them, or i believe that we would have heard something. Unless they are going to do what they did when they got Moulds.

3. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

no no and no

4. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Simon is likely done. Rice doesn't fit our needs, IMO because I think Odom will be a great DE this year, and Rice would only be a backup. I'm guessing he wants to be the starter. Trotter? We have two MLBs that are showing flashes of being pretty good, so I wouldn't bring him in.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Rice -- I truly believe if he checked out health-wise we would've jumped on him. But we didn't. I'm starting to trust Reinfeldt's judgement. I'm just sorry our coaching staff still doesn't know where a FS goes...

Simon -- Eh, stick a fork in him, he's done. The only place he'd ever go is back to Indy to replace Booger but I think they're actually looking at 4 months and out Tank Johnson for some reason...

Trotter -- I would sign him at first glance, but in retrospect, he's on the decline. There was talk about his knees and the run game wasn't that great in Philly last year with him in. Besides, even bringing him in shows we don't have a certain amount of confidence in Tulloch/Fowler, and personally, I love the competition. We could even switch 4-3 to 3-4 every once in a while with those two.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Rice *could* still be a possibility depending on the DE play in the final 2 preseason games, but we've gotten consistent with only our front 4 and I so think Odom's play has for the time being held off the need to bring in a DE. Who knows if Rice's shoulder even passed the test, though. If he's still out there as the season progresses and Odom either is injured or struggles we may look to Rice, but it's not looking likely.

I don't have a take on Simon, but I think the Trotter situation may be similar to Rice - although Fowler/Tulloch combo haven't been as impressive as Odom. But you've got 2 young guys with promise compared to an aging vet - and Trotter has struggled against the run recently... so I think he's unlikely.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Trotter is the only one im really interested in, then rice, and then simon....

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rice sign somewhere really soon, hopefully with the Titans. Aging vets hate two-a-days, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rice has been the one dragging his feet on signing a contract. He would probably start out as a backup with the Titans, but would also likely see ample playing time. The depth at DE really drops off after Vanden Bosch and Odom, and to say the least, Odom is very inconsistent in the regular season.

9. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Odom does the exact same thing every preseason....I wouldn't get too excited about him.

And I havent seen anything from either of two MLB's in the first two preseason games. Being so young, they have tons more upside than Trotter, but I think Trotter would outperform either of them this year.

I hope i'm wrong. I hope Odom and Tulloch surpass their expectations this year, but I'd be very happy with Rice or Trotter.

10. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Whatever happen to alex brown from the bears?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar