Ricky at it again....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluck, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It's just a habit.:sad2:

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

He's likely in an opium den contemplating retirement.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Dependence and Addiction are two different things. A lot of people forget that. But a dependent person would be someone like Brett Farve who needs pain medication to get through his day. He needs it to get along. However, Brett Favre would be addicted to that same medication if he used the pain medication to get high every day instead of relieve his pain (despite realizing it is bad for him to do so). And that the compulsion meant he did whatever it took to get that high, including criminal activity. It's a subtle distinction, but they give you two entirely different sets of patients.

Alcohol, nicotine and other drug dependencies are widespread primary diseases. Science has proven them to be so. You can become addicted.
    Marjuana, sex, gambling, are not proven to be addictive, or diseases. Although scientific data is building.

Therefor, while Marijuana has not been proven to addictive, It has been proven capable of leading to dependency.

That probably clears nothing up, but I thought I would throw it out there.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

In the end it is a decision that Ricky has made in the past with full known consequences. Everyone must lie in the bed they make for themselves. If he has again let himself down and all the fortune that life has brought him shall pass away but he is happy with himself in spite of this and it is his decision, then so be it. Let people say what they may. At the very least what he has done in the past has been foolish. If it comes to pass that this is more of the same then Ricky is just always going to be Ricky. There is no room in the NFL for talent that can not meet the requirements of the NFL substance abuse policy. This is about the integrity of the league. There is too much outstanding talent that can demonstrate the self control to make prudent life decisions.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

"I'll bet my life he's not smoking marijuana," [Sandy Williams] told the Post on Sunday. "He's so particular about what he puts in his body now. I would just be shocked. I just don't believe he's smoking weed."

Next article no doubt detailing the sudden death of Sandy Williams... :suspect:
    Though now that I think about it, she never said he wasn't doing something worse. Just as long as it's not marijuana, eh?

I've always liked Ricky. I mean, he's a big ol' drug addict with dreadlocks and that makes him interesting. Even before I knew he was flinging himself into games like a high projectile, I liked his running style 'n' such. So I of course hope that this is all wrong and Ricky is cleared of all charges.
    However, I'm also a realist. I mean, things just don't look good, and I too suspect that Ricky is guilty. It's a stupid thing to do and he (supposedly) did it. Not much more to it than that.

Coming in the 2007/2008 season... Ricky Williams comes to Tennessee, parties with Travis Henry. :brow:

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If we can sign all the drug pushers and addicts we could just rotate are players in and out all year. It would be an awesome backfield.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

In that article, Sandy Williams (Rickys mother) states it could have been a legal supplement for his yoga.
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/02/20/s1a_ricky_0220.html

Apparently, it was a failed test, not a missed test. John Clayton is reporting that is was NOT marijuana.
    It is already being appealed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=2337598&sport=headlines&ft=ss

8. titan west

titan west Guest

wait. How do you have a slight cocaine addiction?

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I think the same way you become sorta pregnant.:))
    heeheehee....."sorta pregnant"....oh man that's funny as hell...*snicker*..:lol:...is that kinda like being "a little bit....uh...a little bit.....damn, what's the word.....ummm...umm...what were we talking about?

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

By having a slight cash flow problem...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar