Ricky Stanzi...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I see some real wishful thinking in some of the draft scenarios posters have presented. Yeah i agree that getting Wilson in rd 2 and Stanzi in rd 3 would be ideal. I don't see Wilson lasting that long and maybe not Stanzi.

New England has the 28th and 33rd picks. If a bigger name prospect is there i would not be shocked if they took one. A guy like Mallett for example would be hard to turn down with that 33rd pick even with a guy like Brady there. They would take him for the long run 3-4 years up the road.

If either the bills, Cincy or the cards don't take a QB in rd 1 you can bet they will be looking for one in rd 2. Getting a guy like Mallett in rd 2 will be almost impossible.

2. 24

24 Starter

Are we just ignoring the fact that he's had one of the worst offseasons of any of the draft eligible QBs? I'm all for film, but he's been throwing up some red flags ever since the season ended.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Drew Brees 6'0
    Michael Vick 6'0
    David Garrard 6'1
    Donovan McNabb 6'2
    Mark Sanchez 6'2
    Matthew Stafford 6'2
    Tony Romo 6'2
    Aaron Rodgers 6'2 225 (10 lbs on Dalton never said to be too small)
    Jay Cutler 6'3 (1 inch difference)

To start both Garrard and Mcnabb are about 25 lbs heavier than Dalton and were much more mobile coming out of college. Vick is obviously not a typical guy he is the best athlete to ever play the position.

Cutler is an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier than Dalton.

Stafford was 6'2 1/4 and weighed over 230.

Not to say a guy who is 6'2 215 can't succeed of course he can but to distinguish between 2 Qbs who have similar skill sets i'll give a guy 6'4 223 a slight, note slight edge over the 6'2 215 guy.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd draft a guy 5'11" if he could get the ball over his own linemen. 40 times, vertical jumps, and all these other numbers mean nothing if you can't play. I'm not his biggest fan but I can acknowledge if a guy can ball or not. Stanzi can play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar