Ridiculous salaries..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

2. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

I don't think Burress is a good example being the team he was on just won the SB and he was a huge part of that success. I'd be asking for a raise after the year he had too.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Kind of like what T.O. did to the Eagles.

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

But the Eggles (how it's pronounced in Philly) never won a SB with TO. They came close, but that's the difference that I'm talking about. Burress deserves a reworked contract and it would be in the interest of the Giants to do that. He could then be retained for the remainder [most likely] of his career. I'd hate to see him bolt.

Look at the kind of money that's thrown around at unproven rookies. That has to really tick off veteran players.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Even if the Giants loss I'd think he would've wanted a new contract anyways.

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Pure speculation, so I can't give an answer to that.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I would think so. Mainly because he tore up Al Harris in the NFC Championship Game. He's a beast, especially when he is 100%.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Pitbull,

Somewhere in Honduras, there's a man complaining to his amigos about the ridiculous salary you make. It's all relative.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:applause:

I like where you were going with your post, but please explain how that is relative?
    How would the spending of a resident of a country with a per capita GDP of a little over $3000 dollars be relative to a resident of a country 15 times its GDP? What costs me 10 bucks here probably costs that Honduran a little over 47 cents. But what costs Warrick Dunn $3 in Atlanta pretty much costs $3 for you as well. You can't compare fresh apples to rotten apples my good amigo.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I work for a company with thousands of competitors in North America alone. We try to pocket an end of year net profit of 10-15% which is considered excellent for that industry. If we try to make more than that, we get too expensive and start losing business to our competitors regardless of how well of a job we perform. I don't see how the business I'm in can compare to a monopoly. Unless the NFL has to compete with the CFL, WFL, AFL, GFL, and BFL, they're pretty much the only organization which offers professional American Football to the greater public (unless you consider Arena football 'professional') and are free to set their prices as high as they possibly can which leads to to their employees demanding a higher cut of the end year profit.

As for supply and demand, if you regularly get to watch your football live from the stadium, then you're one of the lucky 1.6% of the population who can afford to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar