Ringer Baffled By Titans Signing of Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

On my phone so I can't copy and paste the whole article.

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Who's Ringer?

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

he hd a 4.05 average while playing sparingly and greene had 4.2 while starting???? who thinks we didnt overpay for greene now?

4. Carp

Carp Starter

Ringer wasn't very good, even for a back-up. And hopefully Shon Greene can actually push CJ to play better knowing there is another starting caliber RB on the team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Its easy to have a good average when you only carry the ball a few times ... 1 decent run is all it takes.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I wish we could keep Ringer as our 3rd HB because he would make a great 3rd down back. He was given some opportunities but never capitalized on them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Ringer's average is inflated by all the 12 yard gains on a HB draw on 3rd and 26. He is a nice player, he just has CJ size and Shon Greene speed and that doesn't cut it in the NFL. He was notoriously bad against top competition in college, too.

With that said, the team desperately needs a 3rd down back. CJ can block and is definitely a threat, but his hands are inconsistent and I don't want him getting blown up unnecessarily. Greene cannot block or catch worth a damn.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Ive always been on ringers bandwagon , but last year showed that he may not have what it takes. Hopefully green will bring it for us.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Looking at stats with limited game time is hard to compare. Ringer was never used by us and he was also hurt alot. He is not the same style of back we were looking for. Harper was the hopeful draft pick that could turn into that pounder... But he just never figured out we wanted him to dog it up the middle for 3 hard yards... So instead we just picked up Greene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar