RIP Philip Seymore Hoffman

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Hammer, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

This is 100% accurate.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Doctor shopping is what it's called. Ask your friend about "self control" and see what kind of wishy washy explanations and justifications he comes up with. That is what it does to the brain. The thought process centers solely around maintaining the addiction. Only after these people get off drugs and reconnect the neuron web do they admit their thinking was severely altered.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Opiate addiction is BIG FREAKING BUSINESS..
    Look at Reckitt Benckiser, manufacturer of the ahem "detox drug" Suboxone. Big Pharma allows these sh*theals to maintain addicts for life.. You can never get off of the stuff. NEVER.
    The company only makes "maintenance doses" and no taper doses. The government doesn't care they just follow the cash flow.. like George Bush sitting on the Lilly board collecting millions in lobby swag. What the hell does he know about drugs?
    Docs open up shop with the sole intention of "selling" Suboxone to addicts. You walk in, pay $250 cash-only and walk out with your refill in hand - a process you will have to do every month.
    And this doctor has NO PLAN for you to ever get off the drug. Why? Because the truth is they don't know how. It's never successful. People just go back to pills or heroin after they can't afford Suboxone any more..

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

LOL wisdom teeth.. They give you three days worth of the weakest opiate available.
    Try having chronic kidney stones, major back problems or god forbid cancer..
    I assure you doing oxycodone 4 times a day for a month will give you a whole new outlook on this conversation.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I've met a few people addicted to oxycodone, some of the only people I have ever really been nervous around.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

My brother just got busted with a sack of Hydrocodone.

Nobody had any idea.

Apparently it has been going on for about a year.

He has spent thousands this past year on pills.

Family is in crisis mode.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The fact that non ill people can get a hold of sack of something like that tells you we have let pharma companies run this country for far too long. "War" on drugs all right:rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Whatever happens, even if you have strap him to a bed and to taper him down using Hydro, do not let him stabilize to Suboxone via one of these "recovery" places. It will ruin his life..

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Mom is trying to get him to go away to rehab.

His boss is my step dad so work ain't a problem.

He just thinks he can stop on his own but everyone knows that ain't happening.

Especially not with the amount of pills he has been going through.

It ain't good.

I half way wish he would have just been arrested.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

sometimes it takes something like that to get woken up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar