Rivers pulls out of pro bowl, Young in now?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MattPan25, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

I thought Vince Young was named an alternate in the pro bowl, and with Rivers pulling out of it...Isn't Vince the first qb in line to take his place?

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

He was named an alternate, but it was never disclosed whether he's first, second or third. Tom Brady was also an alternate, so I'd assume he'd go first.

Also interesting in the story about Rivers injury is that if that Chargers had won, he would not have been able to play in the Championship game. Which would have meant Volek time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2739779

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there is speculation that Manning may not play due to the Bowl and his finger, which would open the door for both Tom and Vince to participate

4. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

yeah i forgot about brady, well hopefully vince gets in either way. that would be a cool jersey to buy to i was thinkin, of vy that is.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

bet he does better than McMVPs last ProBowl performance, even by not playing he will outdo that stinker.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

screw it. I'd rather not see Vince there. Sure, I'd like to see him in action, but I can wait until preseason. It's just an opening for the Vince haters to trash the guy. I'd rather see Vince go out and win that Pro Bowl bid himself and not just inherit it in the fashion that McNair and KVB did last year.

7. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

yeah it is a kinda cheap way to get in, it would still be nice to have someone represent us. its not like he doesnt deserve to be there anyways, as im sure you would all agree he was one of the best qbs in the hole league as a rookie this yr. id be fine with whatever happens either way i guess.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Brady and buttcheck will be so down from their loss to the Colts neither will be able to function for months. Count VY in.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Giesel might need to touch up her tan. I say Tommy goes to Honolulu

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Vince needs to stay here and work on his passing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar