Rob Turner fined; not happy with J.J. Watt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans center Rob Turner was fined by the NFL for his peel-back block on Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt last Sunday, and while he doesn’t like it, he understands.

What was a legal block a year ago is now illegal.

“I’ve been taught to cut on screen (plays) ever since I was a kid,” Turner said. “It was a rule change this year and it was something I didn’t think about, I just reacted.”

Turner declined to reveal the total of the fine except to say “it wasn’t exorbitant.” He said he doesn’t think he’s a dirty player.

“I am a hard-nosed guy and that gets misconstrued sometimes,” Turner said. “I know J.J. was saying all sorts of stuff to the media down there about him (telling me he has) a family to feed and stuff like that, but all that wasn’t true and he’s full of it for saying it. That was a lie about him talking to me.”

Watt, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, had two sacks against the Titans. He unloaded on Turner after the game and said the peel-back block was “absolutely” dirty.

“I’m not trying to get my knee blown out. That’s why there’s a rule in place,” Watt said. “And it was clearly blatant.”

Turner was flagged for a personal foul.

“Whether you call it an apology or whether you call it a professional courtesy, I was trying to say, ‘Hey I wasn’t going after you like that, and you can see that on film,’ ” Turner said. “And it bothered me he made a big stink about it.

“For the record, he wouldn’t even look at me, and I don’t have a problem if you put that in print. In fact, I’d encourage you to put that in print and he’s full of it by saying that.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Get em Rob! He hasn't played very well, but I love that he just publicly sh*t on JJ Watt! Watt's reaction after the game was way over the top and ridiculous. F*ck him.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

oh for fu** sake..... these fines need to stop, it is getting out of hand. Goodell you are out of control, and so is this competition committee. This is football.... blocks happen!

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I agree, but does it really matter that much? In the end theyre still making millions to play the greatest sport ever created.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

That's why no one onew what the F that foul was... Makes sense. And Watt is a pissy little kid that's too good and it's gotten to his head...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Turner isnt all that bad. People see 3 plays and make up their mind off nothing. Im glad he beat out Velasco cause thats a guy with nothing going for him.

Turner can hold it down til Schwenke is ready.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Watt, Cushing Foster... they are all a big bunch of babies. They have bought into the hype and think they are the greatest ever. Nothing would make me happier than to see them fall flat this season and watch the City of Houston commit suicide for buying into this crap. A bunch of sissy babby whinners.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I see this as a good growing rivalry with out O line all pushing their bests efforts to shut that kid up.

9. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Bah!!!! Texans calling the Titans dirty. What else is new? The Fools!!!!!

On the other hand, I'm not too happy with Turner either right now.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

J.J. Watt-a-whine?

Wait until they play the Ratbirds Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar