Robiskie can't communicate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

True...but does it suck that much?! He can't look much worse, and I am a big Mariota supporter.

2. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I'm glad you asked.

Yes, yes it does.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

lol I figured hahaha...

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Many people are saying it's the fact he lost his QB coach this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Wingman

Wingman Starter

2nd coach, 2nd QB coach and receivers running the wrong routes and depths. No a recipe for success for a rookie qb

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

And when they do make a proper playcall and the WRs run the correct routes, Mariota overthrows them. It is a terrible combination right now.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Talking about Mariota learning to play like an NFL QB:

To give you a sense of the stigma Mariota must deal with, here's what Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians had to say.

"So many times you’re evaluating a quarterback who’s never called a play in a huddle and never used a snap count," Arians said. "They hold up a card on the sideline and he kicks his foot and throws the ball. That ain’t playing quarterback. There’s no leadership involved there. Now there might be leadership on the bench. But when you get them now, and you give them verbiage and they have to spit the verbiage out, use the snap count, change the snap count, they’re light years behind. Light years behind."

Mariota won’t be able to put NFL-style throws on tape in a live game situation until after someone drafts him. And that means some team, perhaps even the No. 1-pick Tampa Bay Bucs, is going to have to take a leap of faith that Mariota can make a seamless transition into the more drop-back oriented pro game.

"It’ll be an adjustment I’ll be able to handle," Mariota said. "It’s something I’m going to continue to work on with Philip and different other quarterback coaches right now because Kevin’s with the Browns. Learning as much as I can, learning how my drops time up with the route concepts and how my feet are going to help me go through my progressions. All this stuff are little things that I can continue to work on that will help my adjustment."

Sounds good, but there was a rather telling admission in the middle of Mariota’s media session, when he was asked what he considered his best throw and favorite play call at Oregon. He talked about the challenge of facing three-deep zones, with seam passes that had enough touch to get over a linebacker’s head while still being in front of the safety. Mariota won’t be seeing a ton of three-deep zones in the NFL, and the windows he’ll be asked to throw into will likely be far tighter than the gaping ones he routinely took advantage of as the QB of the Ducks. He’ll have much more complex reads to make, with most throws being contested by quality defensive backs, and his pre-snap responsibilities will be far greater than they were in college, where they were almost non-existent.

8. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Wow. Just wow.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

****, I'd still prefer to this... With a top ranked O-line, to the bad line and bad receivers we had last year.

10. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

:sarcasm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar