Rocky vs raging bull..

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RollTide, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Which is the better film top to bottom. Best script, best storyline, best presentation.

Both are boxing movies so which has the most realistic action and realistic effects?

What film has more to offer in general?

Rocky was nominated for 11 academy awards and won 3. Nominated for 8 golden globes.

Raging bull was nominated for 8 oscars and won 2 including DeNiro best actor.

I own both movies and have seen both many times. Rocky about 15 times or so and Raging Bull about 6-7 times.

My opinion is that Rocky is the better film.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I agree that Rocky is. The soundtrack, characters... just a lovable movie/s all around.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And those short shorts.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is where Gloat's "OVER-RATED" chant should really go.

Both were perfectly decent movies, but come on, they aren't nearly as great as people like to pretend.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

There's always been a soft spot in my heart for the Rocky series. Well, the first four movies anyway. Who doesn't get chills when they hear Rocky's "If I can change, and you can change" speech from Rocky 4?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I will say, Rocky IV is an incredibly amazing movie.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI IMBD internet movie database rates raging bull 8.4 and rocky 8.0.

I started this thread because some people believe that raging bull is some sort of artistic masterpiece and i take issue with that. I think some of the special effects are down right horrible and the fight scenes clausterphobic.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Apples and oranges - in fact these movies move in complete opposite directions. Rocky is a feel-good boxing movie and RB is a feel-bad movie about a guy who boxed.
    Raging Bull fight scenes are intended to be claustrophobic. The entire movie is.. Effects.. it was the 70's and this movie was not an action/effects flick to begin with.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Fact: Rocky beat out Taxi Driver, Network, All the Presidents Men, and a very good (can't remember the name) Ingmar Bergman film. This proves that the academy knows absolutely NOTHING about film.

FLUKE. Rocky SUCKS (yeah, I said it...)

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I hope Sylvester Stallone reads this and hunts you down with his Rambo knife, oneton!

Actually, it's a perfect example. I love the series, but can admit it probably is overrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar