Ron Dayne being checked out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Overalls, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Lendale White, Chris Johnson, Kevin Jones and Omar Cuff. Rafael Little on the practice team till next season. No Dayne please I'll pass. Jones is a yes and cut Henry the damage has been done.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

KJ?

Sign a guy coming off major knee surgery as an insurance policy in case a guy coming off knee surgey isn't ready. Why not?

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Let's say we signed Kevin Jones. How the hell would we use him? We just drafted Chris Johnson to do the kinds of things that Kevin Jones could do. We already have Lendale White (and, to a lesser extent, Chris Henry) to do exactly what Ron Dayne could do.

Are these just camp bodies are does Fisher have some kind of maniacal plan to build a super running back out of the parts of many different RBs?

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't think we'll sign any of them. Kevin Jones is too injury prone and Dayne is past his prime. We'll stick to our guns here, IMO. This is the perfect chance to see if Chris Henry can do anything....We may finally have proof that this guy is or isn't a bust.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

KJ over Dayne if we even need to go that route.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think this was just to update some files in case someone goes down.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Does this prove they are idiots?

We just used a mid 2nd rd pick on henry come back the very next year and draft another back but still we are concerned if lendale's knee holds up? What about the 2 franchise backs we drafted?

I guess this shows how valuable lendale is. Or maybe in OTAs they discovered that our new 1st rd pick can't be counted on for running a damn off tackle play!:banned:

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Am i going blind, or didn't I read that Lendale's Knee is 100% now. Why would they have any reason to think that his knee won't hold up at this point, especially if he played on it all last season??

And Ron Dayne? he's ok, I remember him cutting us up once before, and KJ is flat out DONE!

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Something is not right to bring two vets in for "file update" "get to know just in case" visits.

I'd like to hear more about C. Henry. I've never felt right about his 4 game suspension for his "non-performance enhancing" banned substance violation. Is he no longer lightning fast to go along with his complete lack of vision? Has the FO finally admitted a bust? The LenDale knee theory really doesn't add up if he only had arthroscopic surgery.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

RollTide...why do you keep bringing up Chris Johnson? Do you know something that we don't? Are you a coach?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar