Ron Dayne being checked out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Overalls, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny, hall of fame RB from the Australian peniteniary league. How you doing? Good to hear from you.

It's 3rd and 2. Lendale is out with a knee and we desperately need that first down to win. Who gets the rock? Ron dayne! Yes my point exactly. A first rd pick sits while a fat free agent nobody does the job.

Let's talk about roles. There are RBs drafted for that all purpose speed back type role that everyone talks about. Quick name several backs who have dominated in that role.

Tick tock tick tock. Like none? I can remember james brooks a small back drafted by the bengals and later played for the chargers who was great in a similar role. Not many more. You can't say faulk he was a very high pick drafted to be an every down player.

There have been backs drafted for a similar role who then later proved they could be every down backs and had great careers. Martin, dunn and barber. Is that the hope here?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You know I can make a hypothetical scenario myself.

It's 3rd and 2, the ball is handed off to Chris Johnson. Well there you go, first round pick put in use.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes, i totally trust that chris will get us a yard and a half in those situations.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

well, the dude is fast...hopefully it won't come down to a run situation and Vince can actually throw some TD's for once

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Our GM is Reinfeldt not Heidi Fleiss.:moon2:

I'm with Rolltide on bringing Dayne in.

There's nothing wrong with CJ as a player.I like the fact that we now have a 'potential' star player on our roster in Johnson but I still would have liked us to take Balmer instead.

It is however bizarre that with all the picks we've thrown at the RB position,here we are looking around at scrubs like Dayne.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We already have White, Johnson, Henry, and Hall at FB. We were the 5th ranked rushing offense and 6th worse passing. This off season we sign J-Mac and draft Hawkins in the 4th.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080529/BLOG21/80529096/1048/sports

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar