Ron Jaworski

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans92790, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Yall are all idiots

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ridiculous to say college stats don't matter at all in draft process. I agree tho that you cannot use them to project nfl performance. But they certainly matter and tell part of the story about players

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Where's my 3444 moolah?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Yeah, it's not like I'm saying he's undraftable, but when a guy has physical red flags, possible off-field red flags and plays a style of football that is totally unconventional, I'm not taking him in the top ten. You're relying on him not only overcoming his stature but also relying on him changing the way he plays, because if he plays like he did at A&M he's going to stay about as healthy as Michael Vick.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Are statistics not a metric of performance?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Johnny Manziel isn't even on my board, I can't blame Jaws at all for what he says this time, he's absolutely right.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Bottom line, you can't win with just your legs and extending plays as a QB in the NFL. That crap may work in College, but it's a whole new level at the top. The worries of his attitude, build, skill set, and smarts are far greater than the rewards. Now I am not saying he won't be successful, but the odds are definitely against him, and I wouldn't waste a 1st on him, especially early. The post one of you put earlier about Russell Wilson was spot on. 3rd round pick if he would have failed, would have been a whole lot easier to swallow.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

and I personally get annoyed by JAWS, lol, but he isn't too far off here. I get it.

9. Fry

At the college level. We're not building a college team. I can throw out all the spread QBs and WRs who put up big numbers but don't last a season in the NFL, but apparently xhrr thinks that's irrelevant because it doesn't support his argument.

If you want to say college performance gets them on the NFL radar then I'm fine with that. It's obviously true. You can't tell me that watching tape is watching stats happen. That's just stupid.

We drafted Joel Filani in 2007. WR from Texas Tech. I called on draft day he wouldn't make the roster and he didn't. Put up big numbers at TT and was a 2X all-BIG XII performer, but the guy couldn't play.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is what made Jake Locker a 1st round pick, he can be plugged in to a system, Manziel is much harder to predict so teams are turned off by that. I seriously wouldn't be shocked to see Manziel not drafted top 10, and can he make all the throws he'll need to in the NFL. He chose not to do the passing drills at the combine for a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar