Rookies 1st Media Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I would

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

You mean like the excuses people already made for Mett last year?

"That int wasn't his fault ... Hunter ran the route wrong"

"That in completion isn't Metts fault, Kendall keeps slipping"

"Its not Metts fault he got injured, his OL is terrible"

"Its not Mett's fault he was 0-6, its the entire team's fault"

"Its not Mett's fault he was selected in the 6th round, its because of his drug test"

Mett's whole career up to this point is just one big excuse

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Lol noone here gives mett any excuse for last year.don't even try that ****. He should went 6-0 and won by 20 points every game with the team he had if he was any decent at all!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'll give you that..The kid made some awesome throws and also showed big time confidence and leadership with a swiss cheese line and falling WR's all over the place.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All he had to do was win one single game, he was 2009 Kerry Collins out there sailing ducks into the back of section 134, he did himself no favors... Played fairly well with the crap he had around for help, but 0-6 is bad...

6. Prideful

Prideful Starter

Ummm i think the cookies have gone to your heads.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

He didn't have to do anything. He was a sixth round rookie last year who was third in line to be our starting signal caller. But he was thrust into action due to injuries and incompetence; once he was the starter, as a rookie who was drafted in the 6th round, what did he have to deal with?? More injuries and incompetence.

Didn't he have the highest QB rating as a rookie for our franchise since McNair?? I could be wrong, and don't feel like doing the research atm, but I feel like I remember his was actually higher than McNair's.

Go Titans.

Go Mariota and Mett

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Guaranteed, many of the excuses we will hear for any lame performances or in consistencies from Mariota's rookie year will be off that very premise... it's his rookie year.

Unfortunately, most people here aren't willing to give Mett that same cushion of being a rookie last year.

#258 theprizdfighter, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He did have a higher QB rating than both VY and Locker in their 1st games and first seasons, but he was still in the lower 80's (which isn't bad, but its not that good either)

not to mention thats pretty weak company, but whatever

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

McMVP did not have good QBratings till he started becomming a checkdown Charlie later in his career

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar