Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Rookies who have Thrived & Fallen Short

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 10, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,962
  2. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $7,846
    the fact that they rate rookies after 5 professional games is asinine imo. It takes more than 5 dam games to really see what a rookie has got. This guy looses credibility here with that fact and with the fact that he hasn't see how justin hunter has played when he is in. I can see rating rookies after 10 games or after the season but not after 5, not enough to judge imo
  3. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,745
    These types of things are fun to look at but mean nothing at all.

Rookies stay rookies in my eyes til around the midseason mark, after that, the ones who still arent contributing can then begin being labeled as something, but even then youre still a good year or two from really knowing if a player can be any good.

It took both Verner and McCourty 2 good years to figure it out, Ryan Mouton (a higher pick) never figured things out, so its still much too soon to know what Hunter is or isn't. Just how everyone last year call Jake a bust, calling Hunter anything at this stage is premature.
  4. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,583
    I got laughed at for suggesting we take The Honey Badger in the second round

nytitaner high fives this.
  5. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $84
    Hunter helped us win a few football games.
    BiscoPhan11, JCBRAVE and titan520 high five this.
  6. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,962

It's almost midseason. This is week 6 two games away from mid season.
  7. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,962

I wanted him really bad. We could have played him on the outside and moved verner inside. Our Secondary would have been unstoppable.
    nytitaner and The Hammer high five this.
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,241
    Yep... Justin Hunter has fallen short. :rolleyes: Two big time TD catches in limited playing time. Retards. He dropped a couple in the KC game, but both were pretty tough catches to make, and he was either well covered or interfered with on the one that went to the endzone.

I wanted him in the 3rd... and of course he went one pick before us - not that we would've taken him anyways though.

Always seems like a player I want gets taken right before we pick (mainly Nicks and Honey Badger). I was torn between Morgan and JPP, so I couldn't really make up my mind with that one. Initially it seemed like JPP was going to be a Hall of Fame caliber player, but he has really fallen off the map and Morgan has gotten a lot better.
    Gut high fives this.
  9. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,962

Hmmm. He drops a few catches and we make excuses and says it's ok, but when Britt drops a single pass he gets boo'd. Double standard? I think so!
  10. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,078
    You're comparing apples to diesel engines.

Justin Hunter is a rookie who is still developing where as Britt is a 5th year player who has never lived up to his potential. It's not a double standard to expect more from Britt while being more forgiving with Hunter as they are at completely different stages of their careers.