Rookies who have Thrived & Fallen Short

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

dont argue with VY, it is a waste of time and he always thinks he is right by protecting his guy

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

While you are right and I should "know better"... I can't help it. You know how good a feeling it is to argue with someone that is wrong 95% of the time?

Makes me feel better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

true, I can't argue that

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He played 8 snaps week-2, but had no catches

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I didn't want him in the 2nd but I was really hoping we'd grab him in the 3rd. I thought he was worth a 2nd but I just didn't think we could risk it, given our recent history of blowing early picks on knuckleheads.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I was probably one of them and guess what, I still don't want to draft headcases on this team. Only a matter of time before he gets in trouble.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm referring to Britt's 72 drops this season. Only a couple of his drops have been reasonable. He still should've caught some of those passes even while being interfered with. He's supposed to be a big, strong, physical WR who can win battles. The ball has been in his hands and he drops it. Can't have that crap.

Hunter has played in like 10 snaps and has 2 TDs. Not bad. And again , those were big time TDs. Without his first catch, we are 2-3. Without his second catch, the half time score against the Jets is 20-6 instead of 24-6.

Britt is a million times worse than Hunter. Idk why you can't accept that.

DeAndre Hopkins and Kenbrell Thompkins are really the only rookie WRs that come to mind outside of Hunter in terms of early success. And Thompkins is merely a product of Brady. Put Hunter on that team and watch what happens.

Tavon Austin has been horrible, so don't even bring him up. Pretty sure he's just another massive Fisher bust.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Matthieu would have looked a lot better returning punts then reynauld......

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You would look a lot better than Renaud

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

For his % of targets, Hunter has the highest TD% on the team I'd guess. The problem with Britt is that he has massive talent which is being totally wasted. Britt coming to the Titans had as much upside as any WR on our roster or more. As a big physical WR, he's supposed to make catches in traffic. But he's not. He's dropping tough catches, medium catches, hard catches, catches that should have been TD's.

And keep in mind, despite these drops, they have trusted him to make big plays. Forget if it was the Jets game but we actually went playaction on 3rd and short and bombed it down the sideline to him. jake hit him right in the shoulder pad for...a drop. They call him a backshoulder throw last week and Fitz hits him...drop! And we haven't even discussed the penalties and yardage he has cost us.

Since we aren't gonna trade him it appears, I'd bench him this week and let him know he needs to get his act together! Maybe he's had his aha moment in practice but he's been hurting us more then he's helped us and this is not a good matchup for him. I DO NOT want to see a jump ball between Sherman and Britt!!! Sherman fights for the ball like someone's trying to steal his paycheck. Britt is waiting for it to hit him and to try and corrall the bounce.

I forget who I was arguing with when we drafted Britt about how I didn't want him because he was a body catcher. When things aren't going your way, you go back to your natural instincts and for him that is body catching. Playing against good defenses, that equals a lot of drops!!!

I'd be quite happy with Nate, Dwill, Wright and Hunter as our top 4 this week. We need speed, agility, good hands and give Seattle something to think about covering when hunter is in the game!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar