Roos > Hopkins??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Stats from Roos this year.

3 sacks allowed, total of 5 penalties. 4 False Starts | 1 Holding.

Let me ask this: As I was discussing this on a Bills board, I said that Roos is a better player now than any year that Hopkins played. I know that BHop was more athletic, but I think Roos makes up for that with size and technique.

IMO, Roos has a better year this year than any one of Hopkins' years?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

all i know is he held demarcus ware, shawn merriman, dwight freeney and jason taylor sackless in successive weeks. taylor did end up with a sack in the game, but it was against troupe.

i think he has been our best lineman, especially since he lines up against the teams best pass rusher play in and play out.

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I agree. With the NFL's hardest schedule, and some superstars he's faced, he's done a hell of a job.

Do you think he's better than Bhop ever was at this point in his career?

4. Fry

i dont know.

i made a point to watch him earlier in the season to see how he handled the transition(and i didnt want to watch collins stand in the pocket). he was incosistent in his run blocking. he didnt finish blocks, didnt really play with a mean streak. he doesnt drive people into the ground. if he was nasty like stewart he would be fabulous.

i think he still gives up a little too early in pass protection(see mathias kiwanuka)

5. Fry

BTW, where did you find those stats?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hopkins has been better.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hopkins was a liability, he stunk the last 3-4 years. His phone has rang about as much as Col. Klanks phone has rung.

ANY change at LT was an upgrade, just as inserting Roos at RT was an auto-uopgrade over fred "Twitch" Miller.

amazingly the OL the fans were wanting - the current lineup - is doing a good job, not great but good. And this is the first consistent overall good OL play in quite some time.

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Sorry SupDawg but that comparison is way too early yet................BHop wasa stud for a long time.................when you post like that people are going to think you have only watched football a short period of time...............ie 20 yrs...................B-Hop was a great LT for a long time. Roos has got a way to go yet

9. Hopkins in his prime was better, but Roos could still surpass him down the road.

As for Roos' sack numbers, they are a bit off based on who was at QB (a rather mobile VY mostly) and the number of times QBs have dropped back to pass. Eash of the last 2 years, Titans QBs threw about 600 passes. The 3 years before that, it was about 500 passes. This year, we haven't quite hit 400 passes with just 2 games left to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar