Roster cuts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansrule00000, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

You know who's better than Hawkins? Donnie Avery.

Anyway, Hawkins should be kept around as depth but if he ever sees the field anywhere near as much as he did last year, the Titans' offense is in serious trouble. DWill is a solid 4th WR to have, Hawkins is borderline practice squad and he's already developed as much as he'll develop IMO.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I sure do wish Alex1939 would give me a $1.00 for everytime I hear himself bragging about being a season ticket holder. I would be a multi millionaire :clap:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The idea that spending money and going to the games makes you a better fan or gives you more of a right to criticise is ludicrous.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

eh I mean 50/50.

If you have the money, time and location and don't go to the games or atleast have some merch......its kinda sad. But I think a true fan is someone who can rattle off back up players and a good fan is someone who can tell you practice squad bodies and what not.

Now being a good/bad POSTER is a different thing.
    CJ do you disagree with me?
    :cj:

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So having a vested interest counts for nothing in your eyes?

I don't totally disagree with you but I kind of do, but I do definitely disagree when it comes to someone else trying to say they are a "bigger" fan because they don't criticize a player.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I give all the foreign guys a total break in this debate.

I know from experience how hard it is too become even reasonably knowledgeable with a foreign sport.

what really irritates me is the people sitting in their La-Z-Boys cheering for an L too 'help the draft position'

WHen I go too a game I want the Titans too win regardelss of anything else. Yes even in a meaningless late season neighter team going anywhere game

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Draft spot means nothing, I cannot stand the logic behind it.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I can assure that pretty much everyone on here is a true fan.. It's good to know I can chat with real deal fans.

I could text all my friends who claim to be "real" fans asking them if they just saw a specific play and their response is usually "Nah, I'm at Walmart".. I could scroll through my phone contacts and say I may have 1 friend who is actually a true fan when it comes to the NFL. For instance, I have a true friend who is a HUGE Cowboys fan, but about 5 mins ago I just asked him if he saw that Romo TD bomb, and his response was "I'm getting ready to go out" lol.. I wouldn't call him a true fan :) Preseason or not, I haven't missed a Oilers/Titans game since 92.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Yup, seems like most "hardcore fans", are the ones that are on forums as well. I'm sure there are a lot that never look on a forum but I'd say almost everyone here is probably a hardcore fan that knows more than the average one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That is true. I would also give a break to anyone that is elderly or in poor health condition or that purely cannot afford it.

Really I think it is a silly discussion. But there is a poster here that traveled from East TN to Nashville for years to every game. Actually more than one.

But if they criticize CJ or use :cj:they are a worse fan than some other posters here? Ludicrous.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar