Roster Spots Harder to Secure

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the addition of four proven veterans and two stars from the Rose Bowl, the Titans roster has made a significant jump in talent. The result should be better competition at a number of positions. "We're looking for production, execution and minimizing mistakes," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "Whether that's an old guy that can do it or a young guy that can do it, in a competitive situation we're going to go with the most productive guy. If we've got a veteran here who's struggling, it makes no sense to give him the benefit of the doubt if you've got a young guy that's right on his heels." This may mean a number of players will have to have big training camps in order to remain on the roster including CB Rich Gardner, DE Bo Schobel, DT Jared Clauss, RB Damien Nash and Jarrett Payton, and S Donnie Nickey.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I like to hear that. People have to compete to be on this team. May the best players be "TITANS".

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

we need to go after Michael Bennett

4. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

RB? Thats the last positon we need to worry about. Nickey should have been gone after his rookie season!

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't know what keep Nickey around. Maybe cuz he does special teams.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what the heck for?

7. smili

smili Starter

Reese gave Nickey a special mention on the radio the other as a player that knows his role and does a great job doing things on special teams to help the team win. (He was speaking in terms of alot of lower round picks and udfa that are used to being starters that have to find different ways to contribute in the NFL). I wish he was a better safety myself.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Nickey has photos of Reese....that is the only reason he is still around

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm starting to think Nickey had those photos of Reese even before he was drafted.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reese posing with a comb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar