Titans Draft Needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46838/71/nfl-draft-needs-titans

Not much here, this is a JCBrave quality thread.

But there was this...

"As astute twitter mind Thomas Gower pointed out, the Titans have only selected prospects early in the draft who have visited prior to the draft. Thus far, those quarterback names include Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo. The Eastern Illinois prospect certainly has his flaws, in the form of poise, pocket movement and field vision, but teams will likely love his quick release and (reported) demeanor."

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It pleases me to see you guys are always thinking of me when youre making a thread.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

Also QB is not our No.1 need. We need a RB more TBH, Greene is not a guy you want to go into camp with as your No.1

But since RB's dont get drafted that high now, QB may be a good move at 11, but its a luxury pick while Jake is still upright.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I agree that RB is a much bigger need than QB. And that RB is the number 1 need. But we can take care of that in the second. Trade down a bit in the first and take Jimmy G.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I disagree. QB is #1 need until you have a legit QB (that can start 20 games). At least that's the easiest way to compete.

I really want JimmyG round two but think he will be gone by our pick.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. JCBRAVE

I'd be down for that. Get good insurance on Locker and still get a day-1 starter with our 2nd and an extra pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

Other than the Titans there are six teams that need a QB: Texans, Jags, Browns, Raiders, Bucs and Vikings. Every one of them picks before us in both the first a second rounds. So you are correct in assuming Jimmy G will probably be gone by our second round.

Since there is not a huge pressing need elsewhere we are safe to trade down. Grab him somewhere in the 20s and pick up an extra third to use for depth at another position.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

QB is absolutely our #1 need. Mr. Glass will be watching from the sidelines by mid-October.

9. The Hammer

Also, with Locker on the roster we can afford to take a guy like Jimmy G who likely will need extra time to reach his full potential.

10. JCBRAVE

Yea ever since the new CBA its easily affordable to carry two 1st round QB's. You get these rookies for peanuts now.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar