Titans Draft Needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would totally be okay with a team coming up to us offering their mid to late 1st and let's say a 3rd round pick. We can go Jimmy G if we wanted with that late pick then go RB in either the 2nd or 3rd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is what I've been preaching for awhile now. I don't see the problem in selecting two 1st round QBs, even within a 2/3/4 year period. Their contracts aren't cap killers anymore. And if you hit on one then you're golden. Sure you essentially wasted a 1st round pick on the other guy but who cares? You have your franchise QB. Well worth it IMO. If you were trying to trade for an established franchise QB you aren't getting him for any less than 2 first round picks anyway. And that's being conservative.

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

If we do decide to trade back, I hope we go to the mid 20's. If we move back that far we could rack up on 2 or 3 extra picks. If a big wr (evans or watkins) is there at 11 I could really see an atl type of move.

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Very doubtful we will be able to trade back. BPA at 11 that we have on our board will be taken. Trading down is a pipe dream.

5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

If Manziel is still on the board at 11 and Cleveland takes Watkins at 4, I could see them trading for Mr. Football. Would love to see that happen.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

To me when you are looking at whether a team might be willing to trade up to your spot you have to look at the needs of the team that is drafting right behind you and also try to see if their is a position that is about to run out of star power.

We have the Giants drafting right behind us. They certainly could use a TE like Ebron and Ebron is the only TE that is really first rnd worthy. So another team might want to jump ahead of the Giants to grab him. Another guy that a team might want to jump up and grab is Donald from Pittsburgh. He is a unique player in terms of pressuring the QB from the inside. Not really anyone else in the draft that has his production.

Lots of people think that Evans or Watkins might be guys that teams would trade up for, but to me the draft is so deep at WR that if I were a GM I wouldn't give up a pick to move up for a WR.

The Titans have set themselves up to take BPA which puts us in a good position to move back and get extra depth if we can. We don't have to find an immediate starter with our 1st end pick.

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

There will be decent QBs there late in the first and in the 2nd. I still want to trade back later in the 1st and pick up a 3rd or similar. That way we can get a QB without reaching and pick up a pick. This is assuming none of the elite players fall to 11.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm banking on some team being in love with Derek Carr and willing to trade up to get him, that is if we're not already in love with him.

9. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Titans really need a top 3 round OLD/DE, QB, RB, and WR. We only have two picks. Something as to give. OLB/DE is the only definite I see in the first three rounds. Not sure about the other three. I would bet $ we trade back to pick up a 2/3 unless a big player falls. WR is being very underrated as a need for us. We only have 3. One is in a contract year and another is young and very inexperienced. If one of the three go down, we are in trouble. My dream draft

1. A. Barr (Falling)/A. Donald/ T. Jerrigan- Trade back to 17-19 to pick up 2nd- draft point chart works
    2. Jimmy G
    2. Tre Mason
    4. Best WR
    5. Best S
    6. Best O-Line
    7. Best Project

10. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

If we take a QB I want Bridgewater... He has just tried to tank everything recently so he doesn't have to go the Jags or Browns.

If we do take a RB in the 1st what are out options?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar