Rotoworld's Evan Silva ranks the Titans as the NFL's worst roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I thought we talked about your pessimism.....If you want to be negative, do it after you know the exact roster and product on the field, until then, it is all speculation. I know it's hard for you to move on after losing CJ, but you will find in time that losing him, and gaining this new coaching staff will work wonders.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yes maybe in time. But as for this year. No it will only hurt.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

hf for making sense you douche

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

See that's just it. I'm gonna get killed for saying this but we don't know that just adding Whiz and this new staff alone is good for 2-4+ more wins than last season. We think "well we went 7-9 with Munch and his horrible staff, so adding Whiz and his amazing staff will automatically lead to a better team/more wins". This sounds logical but things don't always work out this way.

We also have to remember that almost all of Whiz's success came when he had a future hall of fame QB in Warner throwing to a future hall of fame receiver in Larry Fitzgerald. They also had a very talented, relentless defense.This is not our situation. When Whiz was forced to play mediocre or bad QB's his teams crashed and burned just like every other team in the league that doesn't have a franchise QB. Jake Locker is a lot closer to Matt Leinart than Kurt Warner at this point in his career.

As of right now we can't definitively say which Whizenhunt we're getting or what kind of QB we will have. It is somewhat reasonable to think we'll be better but it's also reasonable to think we'll be worse. Our roster is far from the worst though. Rotoworld can shove that sh*t right where it belongs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I disagree...Our record remains to be seen, but you are not backing the logic that we are worse off than last year in any way, shape, or form, other than your personal opinion. The ONLY piece we lost from last year that matters in a major way as of right now is losing Verner. That's it. CJ's numbers can be matched, Britt---a joke, Bironas couldn't even kick it to the end zone, Big Country was a revolving door, and Munchak and crew were quite possibly the worst coaching staff in the league. Where are you basing this negativity from other than our past 10 years of being below average????!!!

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think this is jumping the gun a bit. Whiz still has a lot to prove as an NFL head coach.

He failed in repeated attempts to develop a QB and a RB in Arizona.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In other words you would make the worlds worst coach.

I see several bright spots on this team, any half decent coach could take this team places, hell Mike Munchak's sorry ass won 7 games last year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

UL3, I don't disagree with the fact our record may not be much better, and no schedule is easy. That being said, suppport or not, you can't tell me whiz and co aren't in a better position to improve this team than Munchak. I am not at all saying the Titans won't have struggles next year, I am just saying they have a more qualified staff, a bit of extra depth, and hopefully a solid draft coming into this year.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Our backup QB position got a whole lot worse as well. We're transitioning to a new defense which takes time.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

As an outsider.. yes, this is one of the least talented teams out there.

No stars.. The Vikings are probably a worse team, but they have AP, so they will get hype.

Before the 2012 season, everybody thought the Seahawks were far from a contender.

It's about how the team performs cohesively. There is no logical reason, as an outsider, to assume that this team will really flip the switch. There isn't a legit top 10 player at any position, other than Casey.. who just became out-of-position in the new system.

4-12 or 10-6 would not surprise me.

So, I'm not too butthurt about it.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar