Rotoworld's Evan Silva ranks the Titans as the NFL's worst roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

haha no chance I would take them over Wright and Hunter.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Look at every successful team in the playoffs last year....Each of them had 1 area that they were simply dominant in with regards to Offense or Defense...The Titans haven't had that since 2008...and it sucks ballz....

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yahtzee.....How about it...(Applause :clap:) We can all FINALLY agree with TWW2/JWW1...Nice job my man, haha.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I think we'll see people trot out all the reasons that were labeled excuses when they were used in defense of Munch and no one will call them excuses.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Setting aside the QB position for a second, the only losses we have are Verner and CJ. Both of which we are in a position to easily replace.

From a roster stand point, we are fine.

It comes down to this: If you truly believe that Munchak and crew were mostly useless, and you think our new staff is a huge upgrade, then how exactly are they going to take us from a perennial .500 roster to a dumpster team?

The obvious answer for TWW2 is that he has CJ pegged as a diety (and also thinks trees have feelings)...

But there is no way our roster is in bad shape.

Once again, minus the QB position, which can obviously be padded in the draft. Along with RB of course.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You make a great point. We don't have players that are house hold names but we do have a lot of good players.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

You are underestimating the transitioning time its takes to switch to an entirely new defense.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

There is literally no way you can objectively look at every roster in the league and think, "yeah, the Titans are the worst one."

Jaguars, Oakland, Buffalo, Minnesota and Washington easily have worse rosters than Tennessee. AND THE OFFSEASON ISN'T EVEN OVER.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

That has nothing to do with the roster.

I will agree with you that the team could easily tank this year. 9-7 could become 4-12 easily. New defense, new staff, shaky QB situation...

But there is no way it will be because our roster is in the s***er

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

There are a lot of question marks. We are putting a lot of faith in our new cornerbacks. If they are not up to the challenge, then we are in trouble (and I think McCourty is overrated as well)

The LB corps is unsettled. We don't really have much nailed down, as far as that goes, and we're just now starting to figure out who is going to be at what position on the DL as well. We had a major hurt for pass rushers last year, and I'm not sure if we have anyone else currently who will fill that void.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar