Roy Williams and Shaun Rodgers on the trading block

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tonye209, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

sportingnews.com

"The Lions will begin getting word out that WR Roy Williams is on the trading block. It wouldn't hurt the Lions to stockpile draft picks, but the front office would prefer to acquire a veteran defensive player. Don't be surprised if the Lions put together a combination deal involving both Williams and DT Shaun Rogers to entice someone to give up a quality player. ..."

being discussed here

http://www.thelionsfanatics.com/tlff...0&st=0&start=0

I'd give up a 2nd rd pick to get WR Roy Williams..

imagine Rogers and haynesworth in the middle :grrhee:

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Eh, give 'em Haynesworth for both.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Trade them Odom, Laboy, Harper, and someone else.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

What exactly is Roy worth? He's had 1 year of 900+ yards, 1310 in '06. Does he warrant the 1st round pick that they may ask for?

As for Rogers, people on the Lions board seem to think he's a lot like Albert...dominant when playing/giving effort...

Get something brewing Mike!

5. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

what about. a 2nd 4th and a 2009 3rd draft picks for both of them :D

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Shaun had just as good a season as Albert did, and this wasn't a contract year for him. :) Tink about it. Those 2 giving half effort would still be untouchable.
    And I wouldn't give a 1st for Roy, but a 2nd? Sure. Better than spending it on another Chris Henry.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

If you'd give the second for Roy, what would you be willing to part with to also acquire Rogers (something that they'd realistically want in return... I don't think names like LaBoy or Harper would get it done). Just curious... I really hate the idea of parting with Adam Jones.

I agree that these two would be nice additions to the Titans roster. The idea of Rogers and Haynesworth teaming on the inside is truly frightening. I don't know what eithers contract status is, but the one thing I hate about these deals is the expectation of the incoming players to have their existing deals redone. While I realy like the idea of acquiring these two, they both have enough flaws in their games that resigning them to market value big money contracts, and in doing so commiting that much longterm cap space to them would really concern me... but then again you gotta roll the dice at some point.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I don't like it either, but if it leads to solidifying an already dominate line and giving your young QB a weapon to utilize then I'm all for it.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Generally I'm in agreement with the old adage "the team that gets the best player gets the better of the trade". In my mind Jones is, and will be, a better player than either Williams or Rogers.

10. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

But,can we rely on pacman to be here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar