Roydell officially fighting for his job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by reo, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reo

reo Starter

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

I would hate to see him go. I think he has good potential. Why is PW still on the roster?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

here's what i would be looking at if i were the coaching staff; is roydell at 70% better than paul williams, ealy, or davis at 100%.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd be looking for a new WR coach. There is no excuse for such a poor draft and development program.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd say it's management. You can't make sugar with ****.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, but the WR coach has significant input in the scouting process/assesment and draft.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how many WR coaches have we had in the last five years, three? steve walters, ray sherman and fred graves.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've noticed this as well and don't understand it at all. I've been at camp and heard Fisher tell the media first-hand that Roydell is doing good to be back on the field. He's in obvious pain and not close to 100%. I don't know what more anyone can expect.

If they think he can be 100% in a few weeks, they'll make him inactive on gameday. If they think he'll not be ready in six or more, put him on IR.

Either way, he'll make the final roster because there isn't much behind him.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The life of a pro football player can be harsh. Gage and Williams had virtually identical seasons in 2007; Gage stays healthy and gets a new deal, Roydell snaps his ankle at practice and gets to fight for a roster spot the next season. I understand it, but it still kind of sucks. It makes you understand why players act like mercenaries.

With Roydell being a free agent after the year, and his ankle likely to get no better until after he has the screws removed, the Titans are in a tough spot. I'm thinking Royd is gone.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If healthy, he's the second-best (and possibly the best) WR on the team. Unless his ankle appears to be something which will limit him for the full season, I don't know why he would be cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar