Roydell Williams?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tackhead #9, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Hey all, was just thinking about wasted roster spots (= Paul Williams), and that got me to pondering about Roydell Williams.
    For a guy who really seemed to be doing something at the end of last season, I'm just interested to find that he can't seem to land anywhere at all. Other than a workout and a physical for the Rams late last month, I haven't been able to find any news.

So what does everyone else think? Is Roydell done in this league? He's had a long time to recover from that injury, but admittedly, some players have needed longer even than that. Does anyone think he may have a shot next year with any team?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From memory, Roydell needed surgery which would have put him out for the season. For many WRs with major surgery, it takes another full season afterwards to recover.

On a related note, Courtney Roby looked pretty good returning kickoffs for the Saints a few back. I saw where Joe Fellini was cut from Detroit.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Roydell caused me to post for the first time. I had been reading on the board for about six months beforehand, but posted when Roydell was drafted, since I'd watched him in college.

I'm betting he'll be on someone's team next season after recovering from injury. Maybe even ours. He could certainly take Paul Williams' spot.

4. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

I'd like to see Roydell back if he's still able to preform at a high level. But right now it seems more like he's the next one in the line of the Dyson's, Calico's, Givens'.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

From what I had heard, he was supposed to progress quite nicely once he got the screws and pins out of his lower leg/ankle. I would like to see him back at full speed, he was a tough runner with the ball. He could surely take CDavis' and Paul Williams' spots if healthy you would think.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Hopefully the team drafts a WR who's even better than Roydell to take Paul Williams' spot. Or brings in a free agent like Torry Holt.

Edit: I know Holt is signed, but I think there's a decent chance he gets released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar