Roydell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all this is training camp and not mini camp. The guys who are spending time on the 1st teams are right now 1st team. Obviously things can change but right now it looks like Roby and Williams are #1 and #2 and looked the best of the WRs in the first practice.

Here is the problem is see with perceptions. Unless you can go out and see these guys practice you are subject to only what you remember about a guy or what you imagine. Fisher is going to be making his judgements based on what happens on the field. Mason said himself that the main reason he didn't see much WR his first 3-4 years was because he simply didn't get opportunities. These 3rd year guys are getting opportunities (they all had decent years statistically in their rookie years when they had opportunities) and they have improved. There are a bunch of quality #1 WRs in this league who didin't produce any better their rookie years that these guys (20+ catches for 300 yards). Most of these guys simply didn't get on the field last year so they lacked opportunity. Now they have a shot to make their move and they are making the most of it so far. They looked good. Not sure what more they can do at this point before the pre-season games start. They aren't doing it with smoke and mirrors.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

also consider, that Jeff rotates guys in and out of team units

so just because Williams and Roby are first team today, doesn't mean that BJ and Moulds won't be with the 1st unit tomorrow

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I agree its only the second day of camp, nothing is settled yet.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

True. And though you can't put a lot into what we're seeing the first few sessions of training camp, it has made me more optimistic about all three of the '05 draft class WRs.

Either that or we're in trouble in the secondary. :suspect:

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I know Roydell has made more than one drop, even though the big ones are the easiest to remember. I still don't remember any big "wow" plays, at least nothing on the level of Troupe or Calico that got your hopes up.

I don't look much into this training camp order, we've seen this before. But I'd still guess Jones starts, and now maybe Moulds on the other side. At least now we have a pretty heavy competition even if there's no TOs or Harrisons in the group.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

We need consistency, and Roydell can provide that. I've always seen him more as a number 2 guy though, because he lacks elite speed. Still, put him out there with Roby, and you've got a nice combo of speed and hands, IMO.

But I still think Jones will prove to be our number one. He just looked really good last season.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'll be very happy if the three amigos emerge as our top three wideouts this year. More hindsight kudos for Reese in the draft department.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Hopefully they produce as quickly as possible.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I hope we are suprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar