Rumor: Fisher to the Texans for compensation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan9, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maximus...

So people can praise lovey smith for that great bears defense and bill belechick for the pats success on defense but jeff fisher gets no credit or blame for this teams defense? When our defense was good in 99 and 2000 it was called jeff fisher's defense. Not now? Fisher is at all the practices, he is at all the meetings, he is there when the game plans are made. The buck stops with him not jimmy s. That is his side of the ball and that is where his expertise lies. If the defense is poorly prepared to play it's as much on him as anyone else.

And yes fisher hired jimmy s and has kept him on for the last 5 years.

Want to say that fisher can still win and is a good coach? Fine but a great coach? A top 5 coach? Not after this year. This was one of the poorest prepared teams i have ever seen with no fire, no intensity. Problems or deficiancies were either not addressed or not addressed soon enough and it wasn't until the last week of the season before he even seemed disturbed by this team .

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Has the change of defensive philosophies(46 to the patty cake Schwartz is running) alienated Fisher from his defensive minded coaching??

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Yeah, it was all the coach's fault. :rolleyes:

At what point does Floyd Reese start to take some of the heat for the mess that has been created with this franchise? :irked:

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, i'm sure not being able to field a 53 man roster half of the '04 season didnt hurt his chances of winning.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I completely agree with that assessment. Fisher is too enamored with Schwartz, IMO. Schwartz is too comfortable because of that, IMO. Those two need to be broken up like classmates if Schwartz can't find the fire to turn up the heat on the defensive unit. I'm sure everyone here would agree, if it came down to it, Schwartz goes before Fisher. Fish needs to wake up from the dream and get over it.

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Thats the only player I would even think of giving a 1st for, but not a top 10 pick.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what mess?

we are rebuilding, it was going to always happen, Floyd delayed it as much as he could and we got an extra shot in the playoffs.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'd like to see Mort in print report that.
    Smells fishy. He can sell that somewhere else.
    I ain't buying.

9. maximus

maximus Starter

When people praised Lovie Smith's defense or Bill Bs defense they also praised the DC. I do not believe that the defense that we see on the field is Jeff Fisher's defense. Too much zone and no blitzs, very little of the old 46 defense. Compare the play calling of the 2000 defense with the 2005 defense-we play more zone-Fisher is a man coverage guy

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Moose...

Why don't you read the posts because i also bashed reese on this thread and have been critical of him many times. I never said it was all the coaches fault but i'll be damned if i'm going to sit here and sing the praises of our head coach when we have only won 9 games in 2 years. Reese and fisher both have done a crappy job of late.

It is totally moronic for anyone to bash jimmy scwartz and the defense independantly of jeff fisher. I'm watching the pats jags game right now and to here them talk the pats don't even have a defensive coordinator this year.

In the last 5 years the titans have been 25th-11th-13th-30th-29th respectively in scoring defense. That's an average ranking of 22nd and not once did we finish in the top 10. That sucks! The buck stops with jeff fisher and he comes from that side of the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar