Rumor: Fisher to the Texans for compensation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan9, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Why would Fisher want to go somewhere like Texas which is in way worse shape than we are?

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

What scares me is that Mortonson is usually right on when he reports info. We need to pick-up Fishers option year and work on a long multi year extention. Not retaining Fisher would be clearly one(1) of the most asinine moves ever. That being said... if for some reason its Fisher who wants out... it would be the Texans' number 1 pick and nothing less.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:jump:

btw,... why is Schwartz still employed ?

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Not gonna happen.

The Jets just got a #4 for their Head Coach. There's no way Texas gives up the first pick in the draft for a coach.

Let's just stick with the HC what we've got.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and his replacement would be ? Dave McGinnis ?

oh boy, that really sounds like it'll work :sad2:

I mean, there are like 7 coaching vacancies right now
    if we lost Fish, we'd have some slim pickings as to a successor

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how is it nonsense? brandon jones started some games. rookie. coutrney roby started some games. rookie. pacman started 13 games. rookie. reynaldo hill started about 9 games. rookie. michael roos started 16 games. rookie. bo scaife started as a rookie in a game or two.

my point is we have starters who are vets, but they got hurt. thats when the rookies came in.

whether you want to believe it or not we were a very young team. we had 28 guys on the 53 man roster who were in there second year or a rookie.

7. IndyTitan

IndyTitan So Peter...

RollTide...

I said that Reese and Co. are good at holding their cards close to their vest as to not reveal too much in terms of their draft intentions (with various smokescreen tactics). I did not mention anything in terms of the drafting ability/history of Reese and Co.

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

The article said MIGHT be interested.

I like Fisher as a coach, but he is not the top man on my list of canidates and I don't like the idea of giving up a pick for a coach.

9. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Overalls......what is the reaction going to be among Houston fans if Kubiak gets the job, which seems very likely. Will he be well-received for the most part?

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Of course I am only one person, even if I am as big as two, but I think for the most part we are cool with the idea. We are tired of our offense. I would prefer Carr Stay at QB and Kubiak has had some good things to say about him. Don't laugh, but he compaired him to Elway. Our offense has been terrible and it looks like atleast some of that is because we had a consevative, deffensive coach as Head Coach. In the last three games they turned Carr loose some and he did better. In the half game that they let Carr call the plays, we scored 24 points. That is more than we scored in most of our games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar