rumor: MacBook TOUCH coming

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Puck, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if they could snag a few license sales to folks that would've passed on the hardware to begin with, they'd be ahead of the game

if the licenses were marketed at a premium (like everything Apple sells is) ... let's price OSX at $250 or so, plus a "royalty" fee from the manufacturer, they'd show margins and profit...without necessarily driving their current user base off

Most Macintosh owners would continue to buy Apple branded hardware even if OSX was available from AlienWare / Voodoo etc....
    the key might be to control the application to high end manufacturers whose hardware are in similar price ranges or on platforms in which Apple isn't competing. for instance, netbooks and sub notes like in the under 10" range where Apple currently has no offering.

2. Apple doesn't want any hardware competition at all (who can blame them).

And I can't see any other hardware manufacturer (where margins are very tight) paying a big premium for OS X because they want to make money, too.

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I just got a new 24 inch imac. If they came out with a touch after 3 grand was spent on this one I might be upset. That would have been worth waiting for.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

must reading for prospective Mac purchases

you are mid-cycle of the iMac refresh schedule

however, it is all but confirmed that there will be significant upgrades to the MacBook / Macbook Pro and Mac Pro (which are rumored to get the new Nahelam chipsets)
    this should happen in September or October

I'm waiting for Apple to release an iMac that offers upgrading of the GPU / HDD and eSATA

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I love it and wish at the same time we could have waited. There is always something better coming down the pipeline. I got the best one you can get without going pro. This thing is powered to the max, but at the same time if I ever wanted to upgrade anything... you can't. Luckily it will be a while before I need anything else. The touch.... that would be nice.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you get the 3.06ghz - 24" ?

7. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

yea it is the 3.06ghz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar