Run defense sucks..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually the tackling isn't that bad except for our Ss.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Exactly. Because he's our ONLY pass-rusher.

3. xpmar9x

Our entire defense sucks. Actually, our pass D is worse than our rush D.

Bad Stats:

Total Defense Yards: 31st (473 ypg)
    Points Allowed: 32nd (37.7 ppg)
    Total Passing Yards: 30th (312.7 ypg)
    Passing TDs allowed: 31st (8)
    20+ Passing Yard Plays: 29th (13)
    Sacks: T-18th (6)
    Opposing QB Rating: 32nd (119.0)
    Total Rushing Yards: 29th (150.3 ypg)
    Interceptions: T-22 (1)

Good Stats:
    4 Rushing TDs allowed (T-6th best in the league)
    only have allowed 1 40+ pass, the hailmary
    0 20+ rushing yards allowed, best in the league
    0 40+ rushing yards allowed, best in the league
    4 FF (T-3 in the league)

4. xpmar9x

So on the stats, it looks like we'll give up the 10 yard gain... but won't allow the deep stuff. CBs need to move up and we need to get after the QB.

Verner/Mouton are both physical, press/stuff the WRs and BLITZ. Scoot the safeties up, on TEs/Deep Balls. C'mon man.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Five pages in and barely any talk of the bad DT play. I think that's a huge part of why the Titans can't stop the run.

Obviously bringing Haynesworth back will never happen, but this team badly needs someone in the middle to be a force like he once was. Next year's first round pick?

6. xpmar9x

I've been disappointed w/ Casey, Klug, and Marks (injured).. they all looked solid in pre-season. What happened?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They started the regular season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Shame on you. You had expectations.

Casey may get it going once he's fully healthy, those other two aren't that good.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

A wise man once said:
    "Personally, I didn't watch 1 second of the preseason, as it has nothing to do with the regular season except for personnel purposes. I'm interested in seeing on how good/bad the D line will be. They were awful last year. I have no faith in Morgan/Marks. And I will continue that way until they prove to be consistent. Maybe wimbley will pick up some slack, because both O and D line were awful last year.

As for now, all bets are off, preseason is history for every team, and it means nothing to every team."

"One who puts stock in the preseason will soon be bankrupt."

We have this same revelation every regular season: That the preseason isn't worth anything, all the accomplishments are for naught. But yet, every preseason, a large part of fans from every team garner false hopes/gripes from the preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar