Run Defense!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

:grrr: What the heck is the problem with the run D!

With Al, Bear, Jesse, and Starks I thought we would have one of the better DLine interiors in the league. We have top notch outside linebackers and our safety is a head hunter. I just dont get it! Is it the defensive schemes we are running? Or is our Mike Backer just that bad? Is the interior getting blown off the ball? Im just baffled at the situation and cant come up with a solution.:hmm:

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Sirmon is a liability there in the middle and thompson is also. As far as the D-line goes, I don't know. Outside of KVB, theres no one at DE who does well against the run. Also, we're missing our best tackle in Haynesworth. After that, maybe the schemes aren't doing enough. It's kinda sad Lundy had 100+ yards on us and Henry couldn't even get 50....

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i remember the good old days when the guys on defense would say "if you cant run, you cant win."

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

yeah, but the new guys will learn in good time.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Lamonts takes more bad angles than a blind carpenter.

LT missed some tackles today where he basically just took the wrong line...but its become his signature move. Once he gets the locks going in one direction its tough to get them to change direction.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he got run slap piss over on the texans first play of the game.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Bulluck had 9 tackles...Sirmon came in second for 7, with 4 assists. Doesn't seem like he's the biggest liability today.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You can't tell everything from the stat sheet. Sirmon was a noshow in the rungame and there were a couple of big receptions that, imo, had to be his area (eg. TE making catches in the middle of the field).

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

the reason is 59............he makes tackles 19 yds down the field.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar