Run game...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RTH, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I was so pissed at our second and third stringer def that I wanted to pull my hair out...cut back lane was open ALL night! Made their run def look like chumps.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

t

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I thought CJ had a good game. People are paying too much attention to stats. What I was looking for was if he made the most of every play. I felt like he did much more than he didn't. I even saw CJ pushing the pile which is pretty impressive since he's only 195.

What I want to see is a run game that helps keep the chains moving and that sets us up in good down and distance situations. We scored points and moved the chains consistently last night with Locker in there. That's all I can ask.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Actually, the Cards have a much better starting Dline than the Bucs. I think we saw more of what our total run game [not just CJ] is about against the Cards.

I thought CJ looked refreshed and faster/quicker against the Bucs. Last night was just bad all the way around...no holes...nothing. Not good when your fullback is laid out on the ground in your running lane...no one is going to do well with that.

We have 2 weeks to get 4-5 weeks of improvement in the run game established. Not good.

5. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Yeah, between the Mariani injury and our 2nd and 3rd team defensive performances - I was pretty down in the dumps myself.

Klug disappeared this game. Not sure what was going on there. He usually plays with the firsts, seconds, AND thirds in the preseason. He was invisible all night on all teams.

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Thanks for this post. Puts things into better perspective. CAN'T put too much blame on CJ. Also Harper had one hell of a run in the 4th quarter!

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Even though our running game was not up to par last night...still pleanty of positives to cosider. Our first team def was outstanding! McCarthy, Wimbley...damn it seemed like when Skelton had the ball their offense was always going backwards. Good job by Locker and the WR's too.

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Bottom line, is when one phase of your team is suckin (like the run game) the other phases have to step up and get it done. Wether it be on special teams or defense. Many players stepped up last night and solidified their spot on the roster.

9. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

If this was a regular season game, no telling what the score would be. Probably break the record for the most sacks in a game.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I know the Pats OL would have been better but we still would have been able to get pressure on any QB in the league last night IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar