Running against stacked fronts...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Nov 14, 2013.

1. KRK13

KRK13 Special Teams Standout

I would put money on :cj: going to another team and tearing **** up
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Five blockers for five defenders. The center and LG combo block with the LG getting to the second level(#55). The LT seals the end with the TE getting #50(OLB). The FB takes the MLB(#51). Chances are the extra defender, #37 on the right, makes the tackle in pursuit.

More times than not you run away from the safety.
  3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The ridiculous overshift by the Jag LBs tell me they knew exactly was what coming. Probably tipped off by formation and down and distance.
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

If CJ had been on a team that opens holes for their RB and has a formidable passing attack to take pressure off, CJ would already be a lock for the HOF and would be a Pro Bowler (if not All Pro) every single season.
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

i would say that about a lot of running backs in the league.

Seven in the box, big holes to run through and a passing game that needs to be respected first? Sign me up.
  6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Especially if you're as fast as CJ. Just imagine the Broncos handing the ball to CJ on a draw on 3rd and long. Many long TD's in that scenario imo.
  7. Dman

Dman Starter

that is sick to think about and I could see it. CJ and Manning, I do not know how you defend that, maybe if you could play 18 on defense, 8 in the box and 8 deep lol
  8. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I don't see how having a "deep threat" is what keeps defenses honest. How do you explain how well we ran the ball with Justin Gage, Bo Scaife, Brandon Jones and Chris Davis as our receivers?
  9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It was the schemes and the O-Line. It was Dinger! It was CJ when he was even more explosive. Hell, Lendale White had decent numbers for a couple of years!
  10. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I'm talking before CJ. With Chris Brown and Lendale White. Every team knew we were going to run the ball, and they couldn't stop it.