Running Backs Highlight Position Battles for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Our poor ranking of running backs is much more about our Oline than the ability of Brown, Henry and White. Put Brown or Henry behind KC's offensive line and they would have a much higher ranking. I still believe Munch and his guys are the difference between a very average to poor season or a much beter year than most of us expect.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Ouch. That is just rabid raw. We are the Direct TV turkeys! I wish FOX NEWS would come out the the Conference suck POLL. Every news writer and columist is going to put us right at #16 in the bottom of the toilet, soak and wet laying on the surface of the porcelain right underneath that that big brown turd with the icon of a horned bull on it. :flush: Their NFC poll would be very interesting.:hmm:
    I mean think about... This team has taken such a beating in the media it seems like, even when they (the Titans) are not in it. (the media) or whatever... plug your own pro nouns on that, I'm just saying... starting to feel the red headed syndrome over here. Are we all in denile? Somebody pass me some kool aid. ;)

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Agreed 100%. We've got 3 power backs (counting Flemming) and a speed back in our arsenal. I don't know how to categorize Ganther, because I know nothing about him. Last year, I felt that we had plenty of talent in the backfield to do the job. Blocking for the talent was the issue. Unless Mawae, Pillar, and Olsen are going to do some major pushing and shoving, I don't see Brown being anymore successful this year. The Tackles are the critical position to work on right now. We've got experience flowing from our ears in the middle of the line. I am just worried about the outside run capabilities. You need that to be able to develop when using a speed back, like Brown.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I would almost bet that White will have a better NFL career than Addai. IMO Indy would have been better off taking White because a power back balances their offense and they already have Rhodes. Lets hope so.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i hope not. i dont like the idea of giving a guy the big bucks because he stayed healthy for one season. so he stayed healthy for a fourth of his career, big whoop. he was still injured for 3/4 of it.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CB will not get "big bucks" for the reason you stated.

I say the Titans run him till he breaks then he is an UFA and leaves the Titans.

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

I'm not saying hes going to get a HUGE deal, im saying that he will probably get an extension

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So what if Brown gets and extension. Reese isn't stupid. If they keep Brown Reese will not overpay him. If Brown gets overpaid it will be with another team, not with the Titans.

9. I really want White to beat out Henry for the #2 spot as long as he has the drive and determination to do it.

Brown will not get a mega beas n honey deal unless he can be a 1200-1500 yard rusher that isn't affected by injury at all this season, which I think will happen (I'm totally cereal).

10. that would be a dream come true for our fanchise right now, if he could get on that track, and then when hes tired bring in lendale to pound out the hard yards, it looks beautiful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar