Russ Grimm Our New OL Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by piepsilon, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Before my time. It's a great city though.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

will be the first one I have nuked when I become World Overlord

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

After failing to buy the St. Louis Rams in 2010 - Khan bought the Jags then realized how bad off the entire organization was, after finishing the season 2-14 with their first year HC - Mularkey was then canned 2 days after Jags hired their new GM.

Although I would have preferred McDaniels, I like keeping Mularkey - it helps Mariota transition into his second offense in the NFL. Obviously the players liked Mularkey enough to voice their interest in keeping him. Plus not keeping Mularkey - in my eyes means we don't keep LeBeau.

Minus the special teams hire I'm okay with who they've brought in.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm still interested to know how the 12th ranked offense in yards per rush and 7th in yards per pass (including sacks) can have the 25th and 20th ranked offensive line respectively. It doesn't add up.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

NFL stats are maliable.

you are talking ypr & ypp while the official ranking are Total yards rushing & passing

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lewan regressed this year and better step it up next season. He's too talented to play like last season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Nvrmind. Thought you were talking bout the Titans.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The problem with this kind of analysis is that it doesn't tell you what's good or bad. A team with injured starters is gonna rank significantly lower...but did that mean the OL coach is bad? On the flip side, an OL coach who takes over Dallas' OL is gonna look pretty damn good.

And there are a lot of things that go into sacks that are not JUST on the OL too.

In 2010, Hightower didn't have a ton of carries but avg'd close to 5 ypc while Wells avg'd about 3.5. But the next season Wells had over 1k yards and 4.3 ypc. In 2012, Wells was hurt a good chunk of the season and they had scrubs carrying the ball for terrible avg's in addition to OL changes. Did I mention they didn't have a QB during these 3 seasons?

Hard to judge...especially without a decent QB and stability at OL or RB. I'm not aruing either way, just pointing out these 'stats' don't give us a lot!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Agreed, this was more about easing MM8's into his second season and not making it more difficult for him.....and as you mentioned keeping Lebeau here was extremely important. MM8 did just fine with a newbie as OC in Michaels so I do not see what the big fuss is about Robiskie as he has a lot more FB knowledge.

My concern is more in what we need to do in Free Agency to set up our draft. What we need is playmakers on this team.....position coaches can only help so much even though what we had before was trash. Our Wr's and OL were just getting worse......Oher & Levitre are flourishing elsewhere???

#100 Oilers27, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar