Russ Grimm Our New OL Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by piepsilon, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBC

JBC Starter

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Marcus did fine but our offense was still f'ing terrible. The only reason Marcus did fine was based on raw talent he already had because our scheme is severely lacking in creativity to take advantage of his strengths. "Fine"isn't going to get wins and "fine" isn't going to cut it for the number 2 overall pick. This kind of thinking is why we are where we are as a franchise cause you think the same way as our front office. I don't give a **** about easing him into year two. What's the difference between easing him in this year or easing him in year 3-4 when Mularkey finally gets fired for being the terrible coach that he is.

#102 xhrr, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Those players lobbying for Mularkey are also part of the problem. Those players lobbying for Mularkey went 3-13. Those players lobbying for Mularkey want Mularkey around because they know their ass would be on the chopping block with a new head coach. I could care less what any player on that team wants.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

He did fine for a rookie based on the talent around him while still missing 5 games and comparing him to Winston. I do expect more from him this year, but it all depends more on the o-line than anything else.

5. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

So you want them to have a coach they hate and don't want to play for? Hard to grade him last year when he worked with what he inherited. Not lobbying for him, but we need to move on and see what he and the new GM do in free agency and in the draft.

6. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Then they better start sucking up to Robinson, because he's the guy that decides where the upgrades will be. and what-who they will be comprised of..
    Those that have no trade value will be on the outside looking in.
    The days of Webster justifying his picks are OVER.
    Robinson has a whole new set of metrics, and an analytics program to apply them.

7. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Who said anything about that. Just because they get a new coach doesn't mean they wouldn't want to play for him. While not the most comfortable transition, I'm sure they would find a way to like a coach that maximizes their potential.

Nobody was saying anything about Mularky based on last season. The guy has had multiple chances. Look at a guy like Hue Jackson. He "failed" but was 8-8, you see some semblance of being able to put a team on the field that van compete.

Even when Mularky had a winning record one season, the team completely underperformed, and blew chances at making the playoffs.

He is now the head coach of a group of guys that make blowing things their job. This team has underperformed, blew leads, typical Mularky ball. He has shown us what and who he is, even his 9 games last year it was vintage mularky, now we are sitting here like Bill Belechik started off his career doing badly, he might turn it around *spoiler alert* he wont.

Russell grimm is like the hires munchak made, we all new what Palmer was, but hoped that "he developed Eli manning" would make the titans look like geniuses, but it turned out just like we knew it would.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

I was merely stating that the player's vouching for him played a part of him getting rehired along with keeping Lebeau and consistency with MM8.

His track record stinks and I for one do not like his lifeless demeanor and was not happy when he got rehired, but you can't blame the him for not being able to make plays in the secondary. Our DB's are horrible....at times they are in the right spot, but never look back for the ball to make a play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

So you know for a fact that we would have hired a coach they hate playing for? That's besides the point anyway. I don't care who they like playing for when they're 3-13. Do you think every player likes belicheck or Coughlin or Harbaugh? No but it doesn't matter because they've been proven winners. Winning fixes a lot of things. You put up with coaches you hate when your winning because your winning that's the whole reason you play the game. Being a nice guy players like doesn't mean much when you have the third worst winning % of all time. You need results and he has yet to produce any tangible results as a head coach on multiple occasions.

I've had coaches I hated but guess what they're good coaches and I respect them for that even if I don't like them as a person. I've also had coaches I really got along with but they sucked and we fielded average to below average teams. They were good dudes though so if asked about them I would probably say good things about them as well but I know there are better coaches out there I might not necessarily like playing for because of whatever reason but we're gonna be a better team under that guy.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

For the running plays, the credit goes to the RBs, not to the OL. The 2006 Stoolers RBs had a lot of yards on runs over 10 yards, with an excellent 1.05 Open Field Yards, 5th in the league.

From FO: "A team with a low ranking in Adjusted Line Yards but a high ranking in 10+ Yards is heavily dependent on its running back breaking long runs to make the running game work."​

There are a number of reasons why a team can have a decent passing attack with poor pass-blocking numbers. Someone would have to check into the specifics to determine the reason(s) why this was the case for Pissburgh that year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar