Russ Grimm

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HonoluluYogi, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

Not sure what the issue was with Warmack. General inconsistancy, which could be a focus issue. Doubt we offer anywhere near what his agent will want next season...
    I think our success on the O'line is a combination of new already-developed talent and Russ Grimm's coaching. Conklin was a good not great draft talent who is rated this season as the best RT stat-wise. I'll give Grimm credit for a lot of his success. Kelly played way better than he ever did in Philly, and Schwenke seems to have been transformed. Spain was active; curious why he didn't start. Not sure why the Texans let Ben Jones go, as he has done very well anchoring our O'line under Grimm's watch. That could be partly Grimm too. Kline I think was already developed. And Lewin, despite his over-zealousness, has been more highly rated than years past. Some of that probably Grimm, some just gaining experience...

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not awkward at all. Gonna be disappointed if he comes around with good coaching. If he doesn't no extra loss to me.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

care to place a little wager on if Warmack rebounds with another team?

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Lets not forget Spain. Who I thought shouldn't even be starting, then found myself wondering how would we replace him.

.....then Schwenke comes in and plays damn well.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I completely disagree.

He looks to me, to have terrible work ethic, and an entitled attitude.

Maybe not getting another shot here will be a wake up call.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Riverman

Yeah but let me see where he lands first. I think he's 2-3 years behind on coaching.

7. Riverman

Fair enough we can disagree.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

well in 2020 you feel free to come remind me that we had this chat and we can bet on him then

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Riverman

Sounds good. I've had these discussions before where posters let blind hate for an exiting player cloud judgement. I do think with some solid coaching we'll see some solid performance by Warmack. If it was all talent, then we would not see EVERYBODY performing at a higher level. Schwenke was God awful.

#29 Riverman, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Watching the Titans on 2, Mularkey pointed out that Lewan (on Murrays 75 yard run) actually messed up his block. He got off the linebacker and went over and got on the DB, but it actually worked out very well and allowed the run. He said the only real adjustment was that they used Kelly in the Jumbo sets so had to put a TE there instead. Also on that play Fowler blew up a guy to get Murray free. Really a well designed play. We had people going in several different directions to pull the linebackers to the other side, and then broke it back to the other side.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar