Ryan Tannehill

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really can't believe how Tannehill has flown up the medias draft boards.

Do you all really think this kid is a top 10 pick?

I think a team picking him in the top 10 is stupid and destined to be picking high in the draft again.

My guess is that he will fall out of the top 10 and that one of the teams that passed on him early will trade back into the late first to grab him.

I could see the Browns snagging Richardson with the 4th pick then using their #22 pick in the 1st and their 3rd rnd pick to move up to grab him.

I just don't believe the hype on this kid.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

imo.. he's a parallel to Gabbert..basically came out of nowhere and suddenly there's a huge hype about him...
    i think he'll end up on a crappy team and be crap just like Gabbert..

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Exactly. It takes more than just a big arm and being athletic to be a good NFL QB. It wasn't like he was riding the pine behind some great QBs at Texas A&M.

I very likely could be wrong, but I can guarantee you that as a GM I would not take him in the top 10. I prefer Weeden over him.

He could be in for a long wait in the Green Room especailly if the Fins pass on him.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IMO Ryan Tannehill is a 2nd round pick. If anyone uses a 1st on him, they're going NO WHERE in 2012, the guy needs a year to get acclimated.

Cleveland was mentioned as a landing spot, but to me Colt McCoy is better, but just needs weapons.

Miami is another team people keep saying may want him, but again, IMO their QB's in place are better.

I would really be surprised if he goes in the 1st.

I think Denver would be a great place for him to get drafted.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I had Tannehill to the Seahawks in my very first mock draft, back in like February... and everyone called me an idiot.

Who's laughing now!!!

anyways, the guy has more potential than Gabbert. He's barely played QB (actually played WR more than QB in college)... and still did decent. With more QB time under his belt he could develop into a solid QB. I see him in Miami.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I've heard him described as a "better Jake Locker" a few times, which kind of made me angry.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I see him as comparable to Jake Locker. Before the season was over Locker was seen as a second round pick, he sky rocketed all the way up to the 8th pick. Usually when you pick a player in the top 10 they are expected to play and contribute immediately. You rarely see players drafted that high to go sit on the bench for a season

8. JCBRAVE

A better Jake Locker? Hahahahahah, OMG, hahahaha, my balls hurt I'm laughing so hard. Oh wow.

9. JCBRAVE

St Louis was prepared to draft Jake Locker No.1 overall in 2010, a 2nd round pick my azz, are you high???

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Tannehill is a bit of a tough call. He seems to be getting a lot of comparisons to Jake Locker and Locker was taken at 8. Personally I think he's a late 1 early 2 and needs a year or two to develop. Although he gets comparisons to Locker I don't see him as being nearly the athlete Jake is. Based on team need he'll most likely be over drafted, but I just can't see him going 4th overall that's asking too much. Nine to the Dolphins however, I could see that for a team desperate for a QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar