S Brian Randolph blows up Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Hey dipch*t, we haven't made a 1st Rd draft pick yet! I aint counting on a damn thing (made a joke). Glad you are happy with a RT with our #1- and BTW, I am not infatuated with Ramsey, I just believe he is the better overall player. Sucks to be at 1 this year given the overall lack of superior talent in this draft and this team already being filled at LT, QB, OLB/DE.

2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

We NEED a RT in the worst possible way and not just a "good enough" RT. We need one who can handle JJ Watt and Clowney twice each year, as well as all the other elite pass rushers. It's a tall order asking any rookie to be able to do that. It's why we need to take the best one we can in this draft. That would be Tunsil, at No.1. People got fired over this need, just months ago, and yet there's a bunch of Ramsey groupies hanging out on here, giving me chit because I don't buy their nonsense. You would be one of them. Everyone around the NFL knows we have this glaring need...but you Ramsey Groupies.

#63 TitanUpB4UGO, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Not everyone feels the way you do, including people who do it for a living....
    WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Mock Draft - Charlie Campbell

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/titansb_logo.gif

[​IMG]
    In January, sources told me that Tennessee's preference is to trade down and target a defensive back like Florida State's Jalen Ramsey or Florida's Vernon Hargreaves. Teams around the league know if they want the top quarterback, they have to move up ahead of Cleveland. The indication from sources was that Tunsil was the Plan B if the Titans were unable to trade down. In following up with sources at the start of free agency, they say that Ramsey is now the favorite for the pick. Tunsil and Joey Bosa are in the running as well, but the Titans love Ramsey and feel that he could be a Richard Sherman- or Charles Woodson- type defender in their defense.
    Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Mock Draft - Charlie Campbell

#64 Hormesis, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Nobody knows for sure....Strange but good situation to be in...Gotta be tough, but fun for Jrob being brand new coming into this train wreck

7. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

This Bongo fails to be capable of distinguishing between hiss opinion and facts.

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I can't blame him really- it does make sense what he is saying- we do need a RT for sure, I just don't like the idea of taking one at #1. If we do, it is a stop gap, because Lewan will walk in 2 years or 3 if we franchise him- putting us back in the same position. Had Lewan been a disgrace at LT, I could get on board with it all day. He also seems to think that fans on this board are the only ones thinking Ramsey is the real deal, which my first 2 clicks on mock drafts had 3 of 5 taking Ramsey at #1. That answers that part of his "everyone in the NFL knows" thing. That is even if Tunsil can beat Lewan at LT (I have my doubts). I guess we will wait and see- No matter- if we draft Tunsil it means he was who they think the "best" player in the draft is, same if we draft Ramsey. Nice place to be in as a fan really.

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Why does it have to one or the other? If you're so sold on this Randolph guy and he is so underrated and overlooked, why can't they get Ramsey with the first pick and Randolph in a mid-late round?

If your answer is "get Tunsil #1", there are about 2-3 other tackles who should be available when we pick in the 2nd round who will be more than adequate to hold down that RT spot and do a good a job and be a fixture for the line the next 5-10 years.

Ramsey at #1 should be the pick. This team's cornerbacks and secondary is just as much of a weak link as the O-Line is. There is a better chance of getting a very good OT in round 2 this draft, than there is getting a possibly shutdown corner in the 2nd.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

c
    Well put- our 2nd rounder is essentially a 1st rounder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar