Saban to the Tide

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by maximus, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We're talking about a guy who's been earning around $2 mill a yr in college for a long time & in Miami at least $4.5 mill a yr.

It's not like he'd never seen a big paycheck before.:irked:

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Saban sure quit quickly. That happens to a lot of arrogant college coaches. See: Spurrier, and then the same thing happens in the NBA as well. Pro-Players are harder to discipline.

3. no

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i don't have much respect for saban...

i don't think other people associated with him does either...

when he left michigan state, not one of his assistant coaches followed him to LSU...

this morning he told his miami assistant coaches he was taking the alabama job over the intercom...

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think he is very vanilla at times, but that may be due to Vince. It all comes down to whether he thinks he can bring Vince to the next level, or ride his success this year to a HC job.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I think Norm Chow did a pretty good job with the offense considering the only true weapons he had to work with was a rookie Vince. I mean, he had to bring Pacman in on offense to get something going. I'm more worried about our 32nd ranked defense on a team that has Bulluck, Hope, Thornton, Pacman, KVB, and Haynesworth.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so what is his excuse for last yr?

most of what Young did was on broken plays using his legs not his arm. Any running QB can do that.

Chow had nothing to do with that.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree, Chow has been nothing spectacular with his play calling. Against the Pats he was so predictable that they stacked 8 guys on the line on second down because they knew we would run the ball. As good as VY looked and improved I still don't think Chow did him justice with his play calling.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i qb who was made of dust? his objective last year was to keep mcnair upright. that's why the TEs got so much play.

we went deep more in one game this year than we did all of last year.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well Schefter believes the Dolphins will end up lookin at Rex Ryan and Schwartzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar